new, ttc for almost a year

DamaraDawne

Reaction score
hi, I'm Damara. I created this account a few months back...ish... and kind of just lurked. my partner and I have been basically trying for coming up on a year now, which means my doctor will finally start doing tests/referrals/whatever all happens at the 1 year mark, and I guess I feel like I could use some support. I'm 34, with no kids of my own yet, and I'm reasonably certain there's something going on with me, I just don't know what, and I also know my partner's sperm count/motility isn't going to be very impressive because he takes SSRIs. this whole experience of not being able to get pregnant has obviously been incredibly difficult, especially with my age creeping up there and just how utterly isolating it is. the icing on the cake is that one of my closest friends decided to kinda sorta halfass try to get pregnant around the same time I did and it happened for her super fast. she's due in October. I'm going to her baby shower tomorrow. so you can imagine the mess of awful feelings I'm living with every day right now.

just a heads up that I haven't yet figured out all of the fancy abbreviations you all throw around so much, lol, so I might need things spelled out for me.

I didn't want to read and run. I've got no experience with fertility problems, so all I can say is I'm really sorry you're going through this and I hope you get your BFP very soon! I'm assuming you've tried tracking ovulation etc to make sure you're having sex on your most fertile days? I only ask because I followed the sperm meets egg plan and when I read all about it, there were a lot of ladies who had been long term trying to conceive and it worked for them. Maybe just something else for you to try while you wait on tests? Sorry I can't be more use, good luck!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->