*New update page 5* Empty Sac seen at 6 weeks no yolk & suspected ectopic *Update*

puggyflump

Reaction score
Hi, after an extremely painful night of right sided cramping I booked a private scan. My local early pregnancy unit is closed on weekends. Private scan showed an empty sac and then sonographer dropped bombshell that she thinks can see an ectopic pregnancy. She said that sometimes the body forms an empty sac at the same times as an ectopic.
I was then sent to A&E, was seen really quickly and have had base line bloods taken. They couldn't perform another scan as unit is shut and next available appointment is wed morning.
So upset and am now just left waiting. Feel like my world has ended

They just left you until Wednesday? That's awful.

So sorry. It's awful they are making you wait till Wednesday!

I can't believe that with one sided pain and a possible positive confirmation of ectopic pregnancy they're making you wait 3 days to confirm!!! I'd complain and ask to be transferred elsewhere if I were you! Xxx

So sorry hun. I'm also appalled that you're being told to wait til weds! Defo complain hun x

To be honest I would go somewhere else the last thing you want is your tube to burst.

Going through the same thing, after calling the hospital with low pain on one side they called me in for a scan and blood tests. The scan showed an empty sac measuring 5mm but did say it could be too early to see the baby, or that it is ectopic and it could be a pseudo sac. I went back three days later for more bloods and they said my levels were increasing like they should. I will be going back tomorrow which is when I will be 6 weeks and hoping to see the baby in the right place with a heart beat. Hugs to you and hope all goes well. I have been clinging to the hope it was just too early to see baby.

I'm so sorry that you're going through this hun, I can't believe they're making you wait so long! :hugs: I hope you get the best possible outcome, and that baby is growing happily. <3

So sorry hun :( I know your pain, wouldnt wish it on anyone.

Went for my scan at 8 weeks a couple of years ago to be told that it was just 5 weeks. Must have stopped growing. Just had to wait for the mc to begin.

I hope you are ok and try to remain positive despite how horrible things may be at the moment xx

If you get more pain go straight into hospital. It is so dangerous leaving you like this!

I cant believe they are just leaving you till wednesday? Surely they can spare ten mins to give you a scan?! Massive hugs xx

that is madness.... don't they keep emergency apps available for this kind of thing?! so sorry :hugs:

Having eventually managed to get an earlier appointment at 10:30 this morning have spent 4 1/2 hours in hospital for no conclusion.
There is still a completely empty sac in uterus and two large masses on my right ovary, one on the right side of the ovary and one by the ovary/start of Fallopian tube.
My hcg levels had come back as 4072. After today's blood tests they are now 6760 meaning they have increased by 64% in 43 hrs, apparently they expect a 66% in 48 hrs and double in 36. Due to my levels increasing but by 2% less than they wanted, I now have to go back on thurs for another hcg test and phone on Friday morning for results.
This means another few days of hanging around, if the levels have gone up by the desired 66% they will rescan and if still no baby a laparoscopy will be booked to "find the pregnancy".
The ultrasound technician is positive this is ectopic and the empty sac is a pseudo sac, meaning the body knows its meant to grow it even though the baby is somewhere else.
The doctor keeps saying until they 100% confirm an ectopic there may be a chance the pregnancy is really early or there ultrasound machines can't pick anything up as is too small. Have tried to say explain to her that her saying that gives me false hope as ultrasound technician certain no baby.

I have been told that if I experience pain, sickness, dizziness to go to my GP or A&E and I will be sent straight back to the EPU. Asked why I couldn't phone them directly but was told not allowed.

The whole day has been devastation all over again as had persuaded myself all would be ok and baby with be visible today. I can't help but think they're just waiting in hope will end naturally rather than them have to do something. Again I will now be clinging to hope that numbers will double and baby will be there when I eventually egg another scan. Realistically this will be ectopic or ultrasound technician wouldn't have been so upset for me !!

I'm so sorry you're going through this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->