new washing machine help

mommy43

isabel's mummy
Reaction score
i need new washing machine n theres so many to choose from i need help
theres 8 of us n i use cloth so my machine is on the go non stop:haha: i avarage machine a yr but i always buy basic cheap n cheerful:blush:
so do i buy cheap n get extended warrenty or go for something better?????
can anyone recommend a good machine please :flower:

What is your budget?

Bosch are very reliable, high performance washing machines, they come with a 2 year guarantee. If you purchase any appliance from John Lewis, then they give you an extra year free, so a total of 3 years for a Bosch.

How about looking into a large capacity machine? I have got an 8kg capacity drum & can stuff loads of laundry into it.

I nearly bought a Bosch but ended up getting a Siemens (they dont come cheap), because they were offering a free 5 year guarantee.
I researched Which? & Bosch score very well in their tests.

Miele washing machines come with a 10 year guarantee. They are designed to last 20 years, but they are very expensive (the Rolls Royce of washing machines).

Washing machine Which? reliability index - Brand Rating Score
Miele 94%
Bosch 90%
John Lewis 87%
Zanussi/Zanussi-Electrolux 86%
LG 85%
Siemens 85%
AEG/AEG-Electrolux 83%
Indesit 80%
Beko 78%
Whirlpool 78%
Hotpoint 77%
Hoover 76%

Hope this is of help.

i dont really have a budget as of yet my machine is still working but i know its on its way out usually we rush out n get what we can as i cant be without one i just dont want to keep spending every yr for a new one that info is great i'll start looking see what deals there are thanks

I just bought a Hoover 10 kg drum washing machine, for when I have two in cloth. I got it from an ebay seller, but it has a year long guarantee and five year parts warranty and it was £300. So I can do half the number of loads I normally do, and it's really not all that expensive (plus it's super efficient so should save me money on my bills).

It's this one, although it wasn't this seller.

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HOOVER-STEAM...775783&cguid=30d0f25b12b0a0aa154103a1ffad46bb

Hi Mommy 43,

Read the small print on manufacturer's guarantees. Bosch 2 year guarantee covers labour & parts. My 5 year guarantee on Siemens is the same.

I had a Hotpoint, which came with a year's guarantee & 5 year parts warantry.
When the 12 month guarantee runs out, parts are still covered but you have to pay for the labour....

My Siemens gets clothes so much cleaner than my previous washing machines. With 2 small children I have lots of dirty clothes to deal with & it does fantastic job at getting them clean, without the need for additional stain removers.

Bosch & Siemens are owned by the same company.

You can join Which? for a 30 day trial, costs £1. You can review washing machines in depth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->