New with questions

Domimom

Reaction score
(I realized I posted earlier in the wrong section)

Hi, I am 35 and I have a 9 year old son. My husband and I decided this month to try again for another baby. With my son we tried and seriously had sex like 3 times and I was pregnant. My last period was September 27th. We had sex everyday from Monday to Saturday and I took an ovulation test Saturday and it was positive. We didn't do it last night but if we do tonight what do you think the chances are I could get pregnant? I guess I am just hoping since we had no problems before we won't now but am nervous cause I am older. Any tips or advice? Thanks!

From everything I read, those swimmers can hang out up there for up to five days waiting for the egg to open the curtains and take a bow!
So even if you didn't do it last night but you did it every day up to your ovulation day, you still have a good chance!
We have been doing the same. I o'd on Friday. We did the dance Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday.

Fingers crossed for us!!!

Thank you! When is your period due? When are you testing? Also it looks like we have kids the same age, my son turned 9 in July. Is this your second you are trying for?

Yes! My son will be 10 in December. This is my second marriage. It's time for number two! My son has been begging me for a sibling since he was a toddler!

I am due 10/25. I had a miscarriage in November and I got that BFP on 9DPO...so I am trying to wait until AT LEAST then to take a test. That would be 10/19.

That is when I am due too! Your son is beautiful in your avatar picture. My son has been begging me for a long time too, we finally just decided to try again. I stay home and homeschool him and work part time at night so at least I won't have to pay for daycare this time around. I am worried because our house is so small but we will make it work.

Aw, thank you!

We are in a similar boat. My parents are both retired now and live nearby. They help out a lot with my son after school. I am sure I will be relying on them a lot. Daycare is so expensive.
We have a small home too. We decided if I I am pregnant, we will start looking for a bigger one. We rent so it's not out of the question. I would hate to lose our landlord since he has been really good to us, but we just have no room!

Yes I had to leave my son with a stranger at 7 weeks old and it sucked! So glad I won't have to do that this time. My mom also recently moved back to where I live so she will be here this time too. We rent too but can't really afford to move right now. Our plan is to try to buy a house in 2 years after my car is paid off. We live in a 2 bedroom duplex and half of my sons room is his classroom so we are really cramped!

I was working when I was pregnant with my son and my maternity leave was only for 6 weeks after his birth. I went back to work for exactly one hour, cried the whole time, and quit!
And he was perfectly safe with my now ex MIL!
I just could not bear leaving him when he was so tiny. I have trouble leaving him now when I go to work, and he is almost 10! I still just want to snuggle him all day!

This is probably why I need another baby...lol!!!

I totally understand! They will always be our babies! I have stayed home with him for 3 years now so even though I didn't get to at the beginning, I am thankful I can now. Now if Sunday would just get here already!

Also (TMI) I just noticed today that I have had constipation, I never get that but I was reading it could be from the prenatal vitamins. What do you think? Could it be a symptom? I started taking the vitamins about a week ago.

Not sure what prenatal vitamins you are taking, but I take the gummies and I've never been constipated....maybe each one is different though?

I'm taking the gummies too. But didn't have the problem until today.

I am taking the gummies too and I found myself to be constipated today as well! Not sure if that is from the vitamins or just general life stress.

I also woke up twice last night with leg cramps like I had when I was pregnant with my son and I am very bloated. I also went pee twice and it was alot even though I didn't drink anything, maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->