Newbee with long cycle needs help!! :/

Native honey

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am so overwhelmed and just lost in all this. You think having a baby will be the time of your life and boy was I wrong. I am 27 and have been trying for almost a year in November but the problem is my cycle is around 50-60 days long. It has only hit 60 one time and in the 40s once always but mostly in the 50s. Every cycle since I have been off bc has been the same where two weeks before AF I get extremely sore boobs, like bad and then I start and the soreness goes away. This last month however I had spotting around 44 day of cycle and that lasted around 4 days and then exactly two weeks later I not sure if I stated AF or had implantation bleeding. My period would have been around the exact time but my period usually starts off light and then gets heavy for a few days then isn't so bad and usually last 5-7 days. This time I started and noticed when I wiped and put a tampon in and was so bummed then when I went to change it noticed almost nothing. I didn't wear a tampon at all and was fine. Then the second day noticed a little more so put a tampon in and still wasn't enough for a tampon so didn't wear one again. That lasted until day 5 and the last few days were just a brownish. Let's just say I am beyond overwhelmed. I have felt nauseous the past week, some dizziness, my nipples are very sore or more tingly. I feel like I am peeing more, I have had soft-liquid stool the past few weeks, I'm def exhausted more and most of all very grumpy/ depressed. I also noticed tiny white zit looking things all over my aureola, and no it's not those bumps that start with an M . I have never seen nor noticed these before but who knows. I went to the doctor a few days ago (she is a new doctor) and was very short and cold with me. I went in to talk about my body and what was happening and within 5 min she has ordered me to go get $600 worth of test done an hsg and blood test and some other stuff. But not ready for the hsg mentally yet and just like I said overwhelmed. Hell am I even ovulating ?? My biggest question is could I be pregnant with what I said about my latest cycle? I have taken 3 test one the last day of possible IB negative but had a white line appear before the 3 min mark,then one a few days later also BFN but no line :/. Anyone have anything similar they can help me with? I do realize you can make yourself think ur pregnant but could I really be making myself feel all these thing? I was gonna test Friday 7 days since last day of IB but I'm scared and feel like I already know the answer!

Please help:/

Native honey
P.s I need all the baby dust I can get <3

Hi there,

I, too, am 27 and ttc our first (I have a step-daughter, who I have raised as my own because the BM is not in her life and doesn't want to be, so my SD has no idea she even exists). We have been trying for three years this coming November, with one mc in Dec 2012. I also have extremely long and irregular cycles- so you're not alone.

Have you tried temping? I've been taking some vitamins and supplements after a horrible clomid experience and a doctor that I was less than thrilled with, so I am trying the more natural route. I have read good things about it and am praying for the best.

Message me any time you need to- you're not alone and, trust me, I know first hand how frustrating and disheartening it can get.

Thank you so much for the reply. I have no one in my life that would even understand what is going on. Everyone around me in the time I have been trying has already had a baby and some are already onto their second child. It is the hardest thing I have ever had to go through, because I feel like I have no control at all what happens. I could do everything right and still it might not happen and that is the hardest thing to cope with. And to have to tell my BF every other month in my case that I started my AF is the most depressing thing. This is the first time besides a doctor and my BF I have opened up about this, just because I do not want this to define me, I feel like once I talk about it to family or friends then its real. So I keep to my self ALOT so thank you so much, it means more than you know to have someone I can talk to about this.

I have not tired Temping yet, but I know that I need to. I guess I have been hoping that it will just happen on it's own. My BF is very into being positive and it will happen, well he isn't the one playing tricks on his own body every month so I don't think he fully understands the pressure and stress I am putting on my self. If you have any advice on Temping that would be amazing. I have no clue about it really, I will have to do some reading on it and then start that this month. I also am going to try the OPK this month too, with my cycles being so crazy after I got of BC it took me awhile to track when my period would come, so now I have a better chance of predicting when I could be ovulating.

The doctor that I WAS going too after she made me leave crying because she was so cold and just shrugged me off wanted me to get all these test done then get on clomid if the test came back normal. And that does scare me, I am not good with taking things, and more than anything want to do it the natural route.

Sorry I could type on forever about this stuff, you can tell I keep this all in my head or in my book I try to write it all down.

Thank you again!

Also I am new to the site, so if there are any ways of talking or people you have met over the time to help through the process again that would be amazing.

Native Honey <3

I have tried clomid (with a doctor who sounds a lot like yours- very cold and didn't really seem like she cared to learn about my concerns but rather just wanted me to take a lot of expensive tests, which I didn't.) Clomid drove my hormones and emotions crazy for the six months I was on it and I never conceived, only drove my husband away with my emotional distress. He is so happy I am off of it. After that horrible experience, I decided to try a holistic doctor.

I am impatient, though. The more natural route takes a longer time to take effect on your body, but it is supposed to be better in the long run, because it's a more permanent and healthy change, versus a medicinal one (not that I am downing the women who try the available fertility drugs. I am giving myself another year (UGH- hopefully I conceive and have a baby before then!) before I try that route).

Buy yourself a basal body thermometer. I'm not sure where you live, but I bought mine for $8 at Walmart. Next, join fertilityfriend.com and track your temps. I take my temp at 6:45am every morning. Once you do it long enough, you can kind of (it's harder for us, since we're so irregular) predict when you will ovulate. Temping is the sure-fire way to confirm that you HAVE ovulated, though, because your temp will jump up after ovulation.

As for opks- you're right. My last cycle was 92 days. Ugh, I'd go through so many tests if I tested as much as my "doctor" (she was terrible) wanted me to do. Instead, I wait for my cm (cervical mucus) to turn more watery before I started using opks. When your cm is creamy, thick, and/or white, you're likely not in your fertile window so I'm not going to waste tests in the time period.

Family around me have been conceiving lately on their first try- one just had a baby and one is currently pregnant. I have been in a very depressed state of mine- we've been trying for three years this coming November. It is SO HARD to deal with- and since we have longer cycles, that leaves us less chances a year to conceive. Again, I'm here anytime you just want to vent or try new vitamins, or anything.

I'm currently on a vitamin regimen with my natural doctor, as well as just now starting a multivitamin for women and taking a D3 supplement. A lot of reading I have done indicated that women who have low vitamin D in their body have a harder time conceiving and typically have irregular, long cycles. I'm praying this works...

Wow yes that def. Sounds like my doctor, I am sorry you had to go through that. I can def. relate as far as the bf goes, I already see my depression from the situation effecting us because I lash out at him. And worst of all I freaking think I am pregnant every month, with the way my body has been changing, it's doing things I have never felt before, yet still a BFN!

I am going to by the thermometer today. I live in California, where do you live?
I also went on to join that site and realized I already had an account on my phone. I must have joined it months ago but decided not to track my BBT, which was stupid. Again just wanted to let go and see what happens.

The only vitamin I am on is a prenatal multi vitamin by Nature Made with High Folic Acid, Iron and Zinc.. I am trying also to be clean and healthy, that's why when the first thing that doctor said was test and pills I was shocked.

As far as the family goes, that is by far the hardest part. Watching everyone around you get what you want. I cry so much and just ask why me? I just do not understand why one person can have no problems and then some of us struggle so much. I am so healthy, I weigh about 140 and am about 5'6. I got a full ride and played softball in college. And now a days I work out 4-5 days a week doing hot yoga and cardio. I haven't been doing it as much because I have been so stressed I have been making myself sick, I just do not understand it.

I took another test this morning probably just to drive myself crazy, but with how I have been feeling I just don't see how I am not pregnant. feeling sick, dizzy, sore nipples, White bumps on areola, sticky discharge(more than usual), very moody! But still BFN!!

I am also so impatient its not even funny. I just want a happy ending, and my life never seems to go how I want it too. Story of my life actually.

Thanks again,

Native Honey <3

Hi, I was wondering if you could help ease my mind hear? I know you have been TTC longer than I have so I wanted to see if you have experienced what I feel like I am experiencing at all. I am in Hawaii on vacation and brought one test just in case and I took it this am which would be about 4 weeks since possible ovulation and still BFN. But my body is going whacko.

I literally for almost 2-1/2 to 3 weeks have been sick most mornings here and there and sometimes it hits me late afternoon. I havnt been eating a lot because I feel sick if I eat too much. Things I used to grave I don't but my BF and I will still go get it and I barely eat anything . My nipples since about a week ago have been killing me and they seem to be getting worse as the weeks go on. It was just my nipples for the last week and the last few days I noticed just my right boob tissue is now starting to hurt.
Yesterday walking around shopping out here I had to run to the bathroom 5 times in an hour because i had liquid diariaha (tmi lol) and I have had soft to liquid stool for the past 3 weeks almost with a few solids once and a while but not really. I also notice getting dizzy from time to time.

I am just curious if you have experienced this ever? I have never has my nipples hurt like this none stop so I'm supper confused especially with yet another BFN.

Do you think there is any chance I still could be, and it's just too soon for my body still? Or could it just be the vitamins . I honestly have no clue.

Thanks for you help!

Native Honey <3

Sorry for the spelling errors, I'm writing this on my phone super quick lol.

Here*
Crave*

There's always a chance until AF arrives, especially with our long and crazy cycles- it's hard to exactly pinpoint O and know for sure.

Otherwise, it's very likely that the vitamins are starting to balance your body, so you're going to feel kind of funky while it's starting to work. I'm seeing my holistic doctor tomorrow, so I'll let you know what he says regarding the vitamins I've been on and if he thinks I should try them longer or add something new to my game. Regardless, I'm taking soy isoflavones as soon as my period gets it over with, if it ever shows up.

My dr just called and said I could have PCOS! I am about to take a plane home from Hawaii and can't stop crying. I don't understand all the sympotms are nothing I have besides the irregular periods. I feel so sick to my stomach. Idk what to do she just left a message stating I could have it cause my testosterone levels were high. I do t know how to deal with this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->