Newbee

vixy

Expecting baby boy #2
Reaction score
HI Ladies,

ADvise please??!! :wacko:

My LO is 9 months and i have been thinking about changing over to re-usuables for a while.
I have ordered a starter kit in the hope it will be a good start. I get the following with it :
Medium Fuzzi Bunz with insert & booster,
Large Motherease Sandy's Organic Nappy & fleece-topped booster
Medium/Large Motherease Airflow wrap.
Roll of flushable liners

If possible in simpleton terms please explain what all these things are?? Haha
Sorry if a sound like a wally im just struggling to get what all the different things you need are.

Please can you recommend some good / easy poket nappies ( are these prefolded )??

Thanks in advance every one :-D

xxx

HI Ladies,

ADvise please??!! :wacko:

My LO is 9 months and i have been thinking about changing over to re-usuables for a while.
I have ordered a starter kit in the hope it will be a good start. I get the following with it :
Medium Fuzzi Bunz with insert & booster,
Large Motherease Sandy's Organic Nappy & fleece-topped booster
Medium/Large Motherease Airflow wrap.
Roll of flushable liners

If possible in simpleton terms please explain what all these things are?? Haha
Sorry if a sound like a wally im just struggling to get what all the different things you need are.

Please can you recommend some good / easy poket nappies ( are these prefolded )??

Thanks in advance every one :-D

xxx

Fuzzi bunz are pocket nappies, which basically means they have a slit in the back of them to put your inserts & boosters if required. Personally i rate pockets because i find them easy to adjust in levels of absorbancy and they dry quite quickly.

I'm not all that familiar with the motherease nappies but i presume it's a 2 part nappy thus why you are receiving the cover aswell. Therefore you will get one nappy and one seperate waterproof wrap.

The liners are optional, they are a basically paper that lies in the nappy and is there to catch poo. These will only really work at their best with harder, weaning, poos. They just make the clean up process easier but it's not a neccessity.

Pocket nappies and prefolds are 2 different things. Prefolds tend to be a rectangular piece of material you fold and then place in a waterproof wrap. A pocket nappy is essentially as described above. You will usually get inserts with any pocket nappy you buy. It should say in the item description if not

HTH's :flower:

OO thats very helpfull thank you!!! x

Welcome to Fluff.
I am new to it to only been in full cloth for about 2 weeks so i cant help much
Hope it goes well.
And your son I sooo cute!
XXX

Not sure I can add much to what's already been said!

I've never used the types of nappies you have, so can't be much help there :blush:

In terms of pocket nappies, I love my Issy bears, and would recommend them to anyone :) You get two inserts, so you can use them at night as well (they're my backup night nappy!). They seem pricey, but they are well worth it :)

I also like WeeNotions One Size pockets, which I use with an Issy bear insert. I have some WeeNotions Side-Snap pockets too, but I can go through phases of not getting such a good fit when them, so tend to reach for the OS first.

Ah - you made it over here then Vixy :thumbup:

I actually have a few ebay cheapie pocket nappies. (seller 97kgallery)
I managed to get some for as little as £2.50 each. They are ideal for stash building and have some lovely patterns and colours.

The slimmest, fastest drying pocket nappies EVER are Tirsokas. They aren't cheap, admittedly, but they are coolmax lined instead of fleece, and side snap fastening, so they are so slim fitting it isn't true! Also they come out of the machine nearly dry!

hello vicky!
do you want to come over to mine this week? austin and louie can play to their hearts content and ill try and not overload you, you can see the different types of nappies :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->