Newbie....and have a few questions

babymaker2be

Reaction score
Hi everyone. This is my first post. I got married in September and me and my hubbie have decided to ttc in december time. Came off the pill mid october and havent had a period yet. We've been using condoms but the last few days Ive been feeling really different. I feel knackered, have a bit of a stuffy nose, tender nipples with spots around them,bloated and headachey. Are these symptoms probably due to me coming on or do they sound more like pregnancy symptoms?? I was on dianette for about 10 years. I was considering doing a test but feel a bit silly as we have been using condoms.Anyone have similar feelings when first off the pill? xx

hey, welcome to BnB. I got married in June and came off the pill at the beginning of August. I had many pregnancy symptoms but doctor said was just my body adjusting to coming off BCP. And now almost 4 months later, still no sign of AF.

Hello and welcome. I also had pregnancy-like symptoms coming off the pill. There's no harm (except the expense) if you feel you should take a test, though.

I was on the pill for 10 years too - I switched partway through onto dianette.
It took my body months - maybe even years to get back on track.
And... Oh My Lord... the Pain of the first AF !!!!

I almost went back on the pill!

it is probably due to your body and the af on its way - take a test if you are unsure to put your mind at rest

good luck

Thanks girls. I am feeling a bit more normal now! Im sure it is just my body adjusting after the pill. Good luck to you all xx

Yeah was just gonna add my experience of coming off the pill, i felt so weird for the first month xx

Hi ladies

This is my first post.

I've been on the pill for about 13 yrs now and came off it last week to start trying. I've actually not told my husband as we agreed on our honeymoon that he would find 'trying' too stressful!! (Don't worry though-he is desperate for kids!)

Will I have to wait a long time for my first normal period? How will I know what time in the month to try?

Trying to keep all this a secret, so would appreciate help/support from you lot out there.

E xx

Hey, welcome to you both.

The pill did crazy things to my body, so its probably just that. If you feel unsure though it might be worth getting a test.

Emmalu - i think it really depends on your body, the type of pill... loads of things. Some ladies bodies go back to 'normal' very quickly, others take quite a while. Sorry i cant be of more help, you might get more comprehensive advice on the ttc forum?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->