Newbie and Lots of Unknowns....

ashrc66

Trying for #1
Reaction score
Hello all, I never thought I would have found such an awesome forum site. I am new to this whole thing so please just be patient with me. I have a long story :)

My husband and I have been married for 7 months but together for 6 years. I am turning 27 this year and he is 31. I am currently in nursing school and he works for a pharmaceutical company. I have been wanting to have a child for awhile now and really feel the baby fever! My husband and I have discussed the possibility and he has finally agreed!! :happydance: He wants to wait TTC till we both have been evaluated by doctors to make sure we are both healthy enough.

I am nervous about the whole thing:
First, I'm nervous about being in school and pregnant.
Second, waiting and not being able to get pregnant.

I really feel like it might take us a lot longer than most due to my medical issues.
I have a pituitary tumor and have not had a period in over a year and a half.
My gyn has put me on Provera twice and didn't even spot. So TTC is extremely challenging when you can't even have AF come to visit.

I have several other medical issues but don't know how much they will affect TTC.

Hence, the reason we are WTC more forcefully than wanting.
Anybody else out there with similar concerns or fears???

Hey hun and welcome. Firstly I can't imagine how tough it must be when uv been so long without af, can't they try something else to get it going? Have u ever had treatment for ur tumour? I no they are awful for messing up hormones, one guy was lactating because of it!!

I wouldn't worry about getting ur oh tested for anything, most ppl don't even visit Dr before TTC, they just wait until or if, they have problems. With u its slightly different as ur already having issues with cycle.

Fingers crossed for u xx

Hey, thank you for the words of encouragement.
Yes, I am currently on treatment for the tumor. It's bromocriptine 10mg/day. My prolactin levels are great and my doctor just can't seem to figure it out. Which I don't think its a compentency issue with my doctor I think I am just a weird case. I don't know how many doctors I've went through who didn't think my tumor was the cause of all my problems :( hmmph.
I don't know what other things I could ask for at this point??
Any suggestions would be great!

Tbh I think the best prep u can do for having a baby is having sex, anything else can come later. All I do is temp and look in my undies for cm other than that I'm letting it happen. I have a few opks to use at some point but will prob use them after my first af xx

True, that is always the best way to have a baby ;) Hopefully, everything is all in my head and it will not take as long as I think it is going to!
Hopefully, everything goes well for you. How long have you been TTC?

I don't think its all I'm ur head, u have very valid reasons to be worried....but remember a lot of ppl with reasons to worry are fine and have no issues at all.

Technically I'm waiting to try/ntnp/TTC lol.
I had some treatment for endometriosis which put me in a 6 month menopause, it wore off on Friday and I'm waiting for my body to kick back into action. I can't wait for my first ovulation, I haven't had af in so many years it will all be very new to me and as much as I hate havin af I actually can't wait for it to start because Il no my body is ready to go. I'm sort of stuck in limbo till then. However we rnt preventing it from happening, I would love it to happen straight away but I'm ok with it if it takes 6 months. Would love to be pregnant by march so I have a 2014 baby, 2015 just seems so far away xx

Thanks, that makes me feel good!
I'm sorry that you have endomet. that sucks! My doctors thought I had that and wanted to put me on a med that would put me into menopause and that freaked me out!! So I opted for lapyroscopy instead and come to find out I didn't even have endo. Go figure, LOL
I hope that this med has worked for you and you no longer have the pain and issues that come along with it.
2014 sounds so much better than 2015!! I completely agree with you there :)
Is March a special month for any other reason??

March is the last month I can have a baby in 2014 lol that's all.

Iv had 2 laps but neither helped at all, that's the only reason I agreed to the menopause treatment, luckily iv had 6 months pain free but I'm now already anxious waiting for the pain to return.

It's very strange that they wanted to do the treatment without even confirming u had endometriosis, that seems crazy to me

Awesome :)
I'm glad the meds have worked. Hopefully the pain will stay away!!
Yea it seemed crazy to me too, that's why I told them No and switched doctors ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->