Newbie, feeling pg with negative HPT

amberia

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I just joined today. I'm 25 y/o and have been with my bf for 4 years now. We're planning on getting officially engaged soon and married by this time next year. I have PCOS and have always been concerned about my ability to conceive, so we decided to go ahead and NTNP for now, and if nothing happens, really start TTC after we're married next year.

I have very irregular AFs and have gone as long as 6 months without one before (and I had to take a pill to make me start that time). However, the past 6 months, I have been a bit more regular, with AF coming every 6 weeks or so. They are always very heavy and painful.

I had a normal AF March 8-13. After that, we started NTNP. I started having some nausea around early April, but several HPTs were negative. On April 20th, AF came again, but it only lasted 3 days and was so light that I never had to use a tampon, just panty liners. I have a lot of varied periods, but I have never had one like that before. I have taken a few more HPTs since then, and all have been negative. My last test was probably about 10 days ago.

My head keeps telling me that of course I'm not pregnant, but I can't seem to let go of the idea. I'm still having some nausea, although not to the point that I throw up. I'm having some dizzy spells, which is not something that's normal for me, and I have headaches almost every day, whereas I used to get maybe 1 every couple of weeks. My nipples seem to be darkening, but not drastically - it's one of those things where I'm not sure if it's my eyes playing tricks on me or not, but I was surprised when I saw them in the mirror last night - but my breasts don't currently feel tender. I'm extremely emotional to the point that I want to cry fairly constantly. I have light cramps about every other day, and that has been going on for several weeks.

I'm in the process of switching to a new GYN that specializes in PCOS, so I have an appointment to see a doctor but it's a couple weeks out. I guess I was wondering if anyone here had every had negative tests but still been pregnant? Or how do you start letting go of this hope and move on from here? Every time I see that negative result, I feel like another piece of my heart breaks. Any words of wisdom appreciated :help:

amberia, just wanted to say I share your pain, I'm also 2weeks late, I also had 3 days of non-tampon-requiring sort of period (4 days before my expected period date). I also tested negative today... i should be 28dpo by now, and bfn. but "feel" pregnant...
same question: trust the tests? or trust my "feeling"? :S

keep me posted ok?
maybe this happened to some ladies and they can tell us how they figured it out...

my tests today: look bfn. I see a shadow, but i think my brain is playing tricks on me :(

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly