newbie... needing info from coming off depo...

racheljm

Reaction score
hi there im new here after following a fellow ttc buddy over..

im rachel iv got a dd whos 3.5 and me and dp have decided to come off depo and try for a baby...

my depo was due on tuesday (just gone ) but i cant quite work out when to start cd1? i was on depo 3 years and usually have an odd bleed every now and again for a few hours then nothing more...

iv been getting tummy cramps already ?

i know its just a waiting game but any info would be great xxx

Hi Rachel,

The trouble is that everyone coming off the depo is different. Some people conceive within 2 weeks, others are still waiting for their bodies to settle after a year!

My depo ran out at the end of October and on 7th Jan got my first AF. While waiting for that I had really bad cramps, sore and sensitive boobs. All of the symptoms I had suggested pregnancy but they are just side effect of coming off the injection. I am just waiting for my 2nd AF now to see if my body has settled in to any kind of normal cycle. If it doesn't then I might follow some advice from here and start taking agnus castus to regulate myself a bit!

I was on DEPO for 7 years. I was off for 8 months without a period. I took BCP's to jump start my period in March (period started on April 6th) and confirmed pregnant on July 31st.

I encourage BCP's and maybe it won't take a year or two to conceive! Unfortunately for some though, everybody is different. I believe it's worth a shot though.

Some of you are going to see this repeatedly, but I am a believer, so I am posting it so I can help as many as possible!! :)

I wass on depo on and off since having my DD two years ago. Had my last shot in Feb and was cramps backpain basically all the signs that AF was comin since july but no sign of her.
I just finished norethisterone tablets to try and induce AF and she actually arrived today :)

Everyone is different ive read of people missing the shot by a week and falling pregnant and then people trying for years and nothing.

As a earlier poster said the BCP is generally thought to help re-regulate a cycle and this is what my gp prescribed for me originally. Agnus castus is also a good herb to take as theres many success stories of it regulating cycles.

HTH & fingers crossed your one of the lucky ones

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->