Newbie needs help w/ BBT chart

SarahA

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

This is only my second month charting BBT, and since I haven't yet mastered the art of checking CM, everything is based on my temps. I used OPKs starting on CD10, and they were all negative. My chart is really confusing this month, and since I'm new at this, I thought I'd seek some advice from the experts!

I had restless, interrupted sleep on CD6 and 7, which I figured explained the higher temps on those days. Then temps rose at CD10, which, according to FF, means that I ovulated on CD9. That seemed crazy to me because last month (my first month charting), I O'd on CD16 of a 26-day cycle (LP is probably too short, but that's a panic attack for a different thread). That chart had a pretty typical-looking biphasal pattern with a much higher temp jump than this one is showing. This cycle, since I figured CD9 was too early, I kept waiting for another temp jump, but it never came. This morning it was really low (35.99C/96.78F), so I re-took it a few times just in case and got more or less the same temp.

I'm definitely not expecting a BFP this cycle since our schedules didn't allow us to DtD until CD9, but I'm trying to get to know my body better, and I feel like I know it less and less every day.

I'm new at this, so I thought I'd find out what some of you think. Do you think I actually O'd on CD9? Or is this cycle anovulatory? Did I miss something? Any insights?

Attachments

• Chart2.jpg
    Chart2.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 2
I don't think you've ovulated yet, your temps seem around the same level x

Thanks for the reply! That's what I thought. But I've never had a cycle longer than 28 days. Most of them are 26 days. So it's unlikely that I'll ovulate this cycle, right? Or if I do, nothing can come of it.

Have you started any vitamins recently? They can make cycles both longer or shorter. It could also be anovulatory. If you did ovulate than your af will be due tomorrow x

I did start taking a new prenatal and I upped my B-complex because I tend to be a little B12 deficient. Should I do something differently next cycle to get myself to (a) actually ovulate—assuming that I didn't, and (b) ovulate early enough so that I have a normal LP?

B6 can extend lp, vitex too as it increases progesterone. Ovulating earlier wont mean your lp will be longer, it just means af will come sooner.

Its most likely the change in vitamins thats messed your cycle up. Id add vitex next cycle and persevere until it settles. You may only need it that once :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->