Newbie seeking sage PCOS advice

lcgmommy

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I am hoping someone out there maybe in a similar situation as myself and can share some insight...I have PCOS and before I had my DS I did not ovulate at all. Not even a little. I was put on Metformin XR, Actos, tried Comid, Provera and finally got my BFP after Femora. Now, DH and I are TTC #2 before my...uh...well drys up. Truthfully, I'm 32 and my first pregnancy was perfect until the 8th month when I almost had a stroke and my son was born a month early. So I am kind of in the mind set of lets do this now before me and my uterus get any older and things get even more complicated.
I went back on BC to help regulate my periods after DS arrived and decided to go off of it in October. Crazy thing is, my body has decided to start ovulating on it's own. It's not perfect of course, it decides to do it every other month and never on the same day (or week) so counting fertility days is impossible. My question is, has anyone else been Metformin even if they already ovulate? If so, did the Metformin help or do anything at all? My GYN handed me the Rx on Friday and I took my first one today (500mg will increase to 1000mg in 7 days). I understood why I was taking it before but now I can't help but wonder if I should just go straight to the big guns. Has anyone gone from not ovulating to ovulating after have a baby and if so, was it normal and were you able to conceive naturally? Any advice would be SO appreciated. I look forward to reading your stories!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->