Newbie to forum and WTT

Nessicle

Reaction score
Hi there!

I've introduced myself on the Introductions forum but I'm Vanessa and although officially we're trying from about April, I've run out of the pill and there's no point going back for more packets so we'll just let nature take it's course and see what happens! But I'm hoping to become pregnant before the year is out!

I've been having unprotected sex for about 12 days though now and I came on my period Monday which started with some brown watery discharge when I went to the toilet and wiped and then went pinky watery towards the end of the day. Tuesday I had proper blood but didn't even fill a full tampon all day and then today - nothing. I've taken a PG test but it was negative. If I was PG would it be too soon to tell??

I'm very tired, waves of nausea now and then and want to eat everything in sight lol it's easy to over imagine things though when you're excited :happydance:

Hi welcome to waiting to try. If you still have the same symptoms in a week I'd try another test:thumbup: just my opinion though

Btw if you aren't taking Folic acid yet I suggest you start because you are supposed to start it 3 months before you conceive :thumbup:

Btw if you aren't taking Folic acid yet I suggest you start because you are supposed to start it 3 months before you conceive :thumbup:

Great suggestion I'd completely forgotten about Folic Acid - see this is why I joined this forum :-D

I will give it another week then before I take another test thank you for the advice!

I am itching to start TTC but I am in Canada with no healthcare and it would be soooooo expensive! So we have to wait :( But I am very excited about trying ASAP! Have even started taking prenatal vitamins!

Hi Vanessa!
Hope you get the result you're hoping for when you test again! If not, we're here to make the time go quicker. Seeing as you haven't taken folic acid recently, I'd probably take quite a large dose from right now and make sure I get lots of high FA foods (green leafy veg, wholegrain oats, some fortified cereal) just in case you are pregnant.

Also: Sorry for the off-topic but what happens in Canada if you get pregnant but have no money? Is there no public healthcare at all??

Hi Vanessa!
Hope you get the result you're hoping for when you test again! If not, we're here to make the time go quicker. Seeing as you haven't taken folic acid recently, I'd probably take quite a large dose from right now and make sure I get lots of high FA foods (green leafy veg, wholegrain oats, some fortified cereal) just in case you are pregnant.

Fingers crossed :D I've bought some folic acid and taken one tablet today but what would you recommend I take? Two per day for now?

I have coeliac disease so unfortunately I cannot have any oats, wholegrain or cereals in the general sense (for those who don't know, coeliac disease is an auto-immune disease and whenever I eat anything containing gluten/wheat my body attacks it's own intentinal tissues making me very ill and giving me lots of pain) but I've managed to find some gluten free muesli which I've been eating and some brown gluten free bread which does contain calcium and fibre. It's very difficult though to get any substitutues which have high amounts of anything lol :nope:

Hi Vanessa

Welcome to BnB :D I'm a new one too, have been coming on here for a couple of weeks, everyone is really nice and friendly!!

I find First Response tests good if you think its too early to tell!

Good luck with trying to conceive! I hope it all goes well for you and you get your BFP soon :D xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->