Newbie with some questions

Starbright

Reaction score
Hi All

I'm new to B&B and new to ttc. I have a few questions I hope you don't mind me asking.

I came off the pill about 2 and a half weeks ago and (because I have endo) my doctor told me to start ttc right away instead of waiting 3 months. So hubby and I got *erm* down to business after the withdrawal bleed had stopped.
What I'm wondering is do I have to wait until I have missed a period to test? Or can it be done at any time? I don't even know if I'm ovulating/have ovulated. I was thinking of getting a predictor kit - are they any good? Also, this may sound silly, as I don't currently know what my cycle is, how will I know when to use the predictor? Hope that makes sense! Lol I'm soooo naive compared to some people!

Also, can you tell me what some of the abbreviations on here mean? What is 2ww and cd1? I apologise if I've missed a thread that explains these lol.

I really don't feel like I am as informed as some of you. So i'm sorry if i seem a bit dim!

Does anyone else here have endo? How have your symptons been since coming off treatment to ttc? I've been in pain sooo often since I stopped the pill. I'm finding it very emotional and hard to cope with the pain some days.

Um that was a bit long for a first post - sorry! Thanx for reading

xx

Hiya! Dont worry about sounding dim- you dont at all! I was exactly the same when I first joined here but Im getting the hang of it slowly! 2ww means 2 week wait - the time between ovulation (O) and your period aka Aunt Flow (AF) or :witch:

Also CD1 means cycle day one which is the first day of AF

I too came off the pill last month so have no idea about when I have O'd, or how long my cycles are so we are just bding (baby dancing=sex) as much as we can!!

Hope that helps a bit!! x:hug:

Hiya, and welcome!

As the previous post said..not dim just dont know-yet! You will though, lol! Sorry about the endo i have no experience with it but several girls on here have it so you can always ask them (start a new rthread asking about that specifically for example :)) Anywhoo...

The whole idea of using opk's..ovulation predicter kits is to pin point when you ov, so if you dont have any idea..as you said, there is a general guideline depending on the lenght of your cycle. If you dont know that...you dont, is that right? :) you could just start after testing after your af and then hopefully detect it that way.

Why dont you have a read at the bible :) of all opk sites www.peeonastick.com ? Particularly under opk faq's..

f you ever get stuck on abbreviations again there is a section at top of the welcome page that explains all the most used ones...you'll know them in no time, lol! :)

Good luck hun and hope that helps! :):):)

hi n welcome2 bnb :):)
the ovulation tests r fab (opk) there tell u 12-36 hrs b4 u ovulate so u can get plenty of sex in ... u cud also start charting ur temp every morning !! www.fertilityfirend.com it will look all weird 2 u but watch the free slideshow of how2do it and u will unferstand it all in no time :)
ask any questions u need 2 however silly they may sound2 you...they did 2us all when we all started uknow!! :):)

Hi Starbright :hi: Welcome to BnB!

I have nothing to add after Omi's post. :rofl: She's wonderfully knowledgeable and I need to get here faster. :rofl:

But welcome to BnB! The ladies here are wonderful and I hope you find it very supportive. I know I have.

i second n third what all the other ladies have already said!!! oh an welcome to bnb :howdy:

sara

xxxxxxxxx

Welcome! I came off the pill in July - and have found so much information and support here. You are going to love the gals here. You may even want to consider buying some cheapie pee sticks to help you pin point your ovulation. I got 50 sticks for less than $20 shipped. Good investment and makes you feel like you are some what in control of things - ha. :rofl: Good luck and looking forward to hearing that you get your :bfp: !

As far as abbreviations and all - there is a whole section with all of them in the forums. I printed it off and I can refer to it when I don't know what people are talking about. You'll catch on real quick!

Hi and welcome! This is the place for answers!! The ladies here are wonderful so don't feel shy about asking anything.
Good luck and lots of :dust:

Thank you for the lovely warm welcome :) and for all the advice
This seems like a really nice place to come and talk to other people in the same situation. I'll definitely check out some of the links you have suggested.
Thanks again!
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"