Newbie! :-)

sunshine2010

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Well... After browsing this site for the last couple of weeks I thought it's about time I joined!

I'm 23 (24 on Sunday!) and I live with my OH and our dog in Berkshire. I've always wanted children, and have had the urge for a baby since I was 15, but thought I would get myself in a good position before even thinking about getting pregnant! Well here I am... I've finally got to the stage after being with the OH for 3 years of actually feeling 'ready' for a baby! For some reason I've had a mental change in the last couple of months and I think my mind and body are 'ready' now... I now find myself looking at baby stuff online, and looking at this site, I just love reading about everyone else's experiences, and it's great to realise I'm not mad!

Well... my situation is this... My OH has never expressed a want for children! But on the odd occassion he's said things like 'ah you'd look great pregnant'... or when I'm saying how cute a baby is he'd say 'if you play your cards right you may get your own' etc... but then when it comes to actually planning our own he goes back to 'oh no... i dont want a baby'! Typical man basically! But I've now got to a point in my life where I have suddenly realised what the pill is doing to my body (I've had pill related problems for the last 3 years) and I've decided I am no longer taking it, so this is a new start for me, and the OH now knows that he needs to 'strap up'! :haha:

So... that's me... I guess I'll be lingering in the WTT section for a long time! (sorry about the essay!)

Hi! Ah I used to live in Berkshire til I was 18! Welcome, Im new too, only joined a couple of days ago, but like you, love reading everyones posts & realising 'Im not bonkers!' Will keep my fingers crossed your OH sorts himself soon!

xxx

Thank you... think I may be waiting a long time though!

He is aware that my plan has always been to be pregnant before I hit 25 (that's looking highly unlikely now!)

x

hiya

I am in a pretty similiar position (Im 27, Oh 31) but really I am just waiting for my OH to catch up!

Hopefully in the next year we'll be a bit more financially stable as well which will help.

I'm hoping this site will keep me sane in the meantime :)
x

It's so hard isn't it... Once you get that signal that you're ready, it hurts so much to wait! x

:hi: :hi: Really hope he gets his act together and realises he wants one too.

Hiya :) Just thought id let you know my OH was like that, he said late 20s (hes 23 now) which i always agreed to but the urge took over me last year. I always planned to have my first LO around 25/26 when oh would be 26/27. Anyhoo, i had a bit of a scare last august and we ended up setting a date, we go ntnp in may this year (on our holiday) so dont lose hope, your oh will come round dont you worry. :hugs: xx

I think he'll just stay in the mind set of 'if it happens it happens'... he seems to think everyone gets pregnant straight away! Doesn't realise it isn't that easy for everyone! He's just turned 28... so hoping he changes his mind soon, his Mum died almost 2 years ago, and my Mum is 62 this year, I'd like her to enjoy my child!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->