Newborn mucus, is this normal?

Disneygrl

Reaction score
Well last week I noticed my lo sounding raspy. I took her to the drs, he checked her out said it was probably reflux but normal. Well, it's gotten worse because now she is spitting up mucus mixed with breast milk out of her mouth and nose, gasping for air. I syringe it but I'm still nervous. Is this normal?

Also, I think I have an foremilk, hind milk imbalance as she's been having green poos and only has gone once a day, with painful gas pains. I feel like such a bad mom.

You're not a bad mum, don't give yourself a hard time. I'm not sure about the green poo and the bad gas but my LO was very mucousy when he was a newborn, he did get worse before he got better and was really sickly. He was ff but his sick was as you described though. I'd definitely speak to your HV or GP again and explain that she seems to be getting worse, it's always better to do that and seem over cautious. I hope they give you some answers, congratulations on your baby girl!

Aw. You're not a bad mom. I'd call the doctor again to address this, just b/c your lo is still so tiny. I'll tell you though...my babies have always been spitter uppers, but never mucus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->