Newborn question x2 (new question added)

TTC 84

Reaction score
Hi so I have a 1 week old little boy and am worrying about every little thing , first off his umbilical stump is about to seperate is it normal for it to look gooey and yellow under the dry part ? Second worry is he has a couple of purply patches on his tummy kind of looks like small capillaries midwife didn't seem concerned but I suffer anxiety so anything worries me :cry:.
So today bub is 1 week and this morning he has a heap of thick clear mucous bubble up his throat causing him to gag and cry once it was out he has been perfectly fine. I was freaking out thinking he has some sort of fluid on his lungs or something . My dr seems to think he just had muck leftover from birth that needed to come out.?

Yes to both, all three of my kids had yellow revolting wet looking stumps as the cords came off. It's dead flesh so it looks and often smells gross. Sort of eggy smell.

Emma's had the patches with the broken capillary looking bits. Almost totally faded/gone now. She had one patch around her ribs and another lower down.

Thankyou so much ladies I worry about everything and today the baby blues have hit.
It eases my mind a little that you think it's normal :)

yes, totally normal. cord stumps are actually quite gross if you think about it haha.

about the clear mucus bubble, it's normal too. he spent all that time in the amniotic fluid and his little lungs are brand new, doing their job and clearing everything out. if he has a TON more, i'd ask your GP but it sounds like he has a normal amount.

congrats!

Both my babies had that mucus thing coming out when they were only few days old. It's really scary when it's happening as they'd go bright red and look like they're choking but it's totally normal. They just clearing out everything from inside.

Congratulations! X

All of it is normal. It's gonna be just fine! It's normal to worry a lot about our babies, especially our first one or two when we don't know for sure what's normal and what isn't. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->