Newborn short legs ???

Ashley25

Reaction score
my baby girl was born at 39 weeks and weighed 6.15 and was 19 inches. Her legs look very short to me compared to her body. Her femurs were measuring small (2 weeks behind) on ultrasound so we have been nervous. Doctors checked her out and dont see any signs of dwarfism and they all don’t think her legs are short. I seem to be the only one freaking out. Her newborn clothes are all too short in the arms and legs but the legs really concern me. Anyone relate or have any positive stories ? I’ll post a pic

To me, they look fine and I think if the doctors are saying they are not short, you shouldn't worry too much about it. If it helps, my newborn was floating in the legs and arms departments, still is, and he's perfectly fine! (He was a little smaller than yours at 5.83 - everything was insanely long for the longest time)

Also, my mom is a little person, and I've seen pictures of her as a baby and it was very, very obvious (and she's on the "taller" side at 4'7). It's very, very apparent, no doubts at all. Like her pants and sleeves had to be folded in HALF literally.
Good luck mama, I hope you can see maybe the doctors again and feel better!

My son was just like this, for over a year i rolled sleeves up & trousers. He caught up eventually & now at almost 5 he's just like any other boy. He had iugr they think as it was picked up on a scan as short long bones. Congratulations on your little girl, she is perfect :)

My daughter had short legs/long torso until she was 2, but then she had a growth spurt and her legs are now in proportion. I never thought she had dwarfism though, only that she may be a smaller than average child.

If it helps.. my son was born a lil small.. weighing in at 6lbs and height 47.5cm (18.7 inches).
He is now 4 and touchwood.. in 90th percentile for both weight & height for his age.. he started small due to in-utero issues but has caught up and how :)

Aww she looks perfect!!! I do remember very clearly looking at DD when she was an infant and worrying to my MIL “is it normal her head is so huge and none of her limbs seem in proportion to her body??!” She just laughed and said yep that’s how they look and they even out in time! Sure enough she was right :flower: try not to worry! Your little one has got a lot of growing to do just like they all do - Legs and more :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->