Newly TTC 1st baby :D

rainbud

Expecting 1st baby
Reaction score
YAY!! so excited to finally be trying. thought i would have to wait longer because of OH possibly making career changes, but he changed his mind. and here we are. I can't wait to get a :bfp:

But I have no idea how fast you can get pregnant and feel effects of it. When should I try testing?

We just started this past week. Had Af week and 1/2 go. Been off pill since june.

Really Excited, but all new to this so need lots of advice and info. Thanks :happydance:

I don't know how long your cycle is, but most girls ov about 14 days before AF so it is too early for you to test yet. If you start temping next cycle you can pinpoint when you ov and then try to wait at least 10dpo to test (it's hard to wait though). You probably won't get an accurate test until more likely 12dpo or later.

YAY!! so excited to finally be trying. thought i would have to wait longer because of OH possibly making career changes, but he changed his mind. and here we are. I can't wait to get a :bfp:

But I have no idea how fast you can get pregnant and feel effects of it. When should I try testing?

We just started this past week. Had Af week and 1/2 go. Been off pill since june.

Really Excited, but all new to this so need lots of advice and info. Thanks :happydance:

welcome to bnb!!! i'm pretty new here too:flower:

i'm no expert by any means, but what i'm finding is that it's best to start at cycle day 1 (cd1) and begin documenting your morning temp (lots of info on here and different sites) and use ovulation predictor test kits (optks). best to start testing around cd7 or cd7 depending on your cycle length. optks come with 7 or most tests so you can test for a week or more. also checking for cervical mucus (cm). if it's sticky and clear, you're good to go.

you would take your home pregnancy test (hpt) when your period is due.

i hope this helps. surf around here...you'll find tons of info!!!

:dust:

I honestly have no idea how to track my cycle properly. Never really had to before. Im not really getting to crazy about it all yet. I'm defiantly excited, but I just wanted to know how long I should wait to test. If I don't get a :bfp: right away then I might get more detailed about ov and stuff. Just really excited to be trying for sure! plus i don't understand anything about ov lol olny because never been interested until now.

Thanks for the advice. :D

Welcome Rainbud, based on what you said, you could try testing in around 2 weeks - assuming you have a 28 day cycle, that would put you at cycle day 24. A missed period is the best sign - here at B&B most girls are charting their cycles through temperature, their cervical mucus, ovulation kits or through the Clear Blue Fertility Monitor. Some girls have got BFP seven days after ovulation - I am assuming you would test on 10 dpo. Good luck, and welcome to the TTCers. :flower:

If you're like the rest of us, you've already tested 10 times! :)

If not... I would suggest waiting till 10dpo if you can... but be prepared that you could get a false :bfn:! Don't believe anything you see on an HPT until you are 100% sure that the :witch: has arrived. In other words, don't drown your 10dpo :bfn: with a bottle of Jack Daniels! LOL

Welcome to BnB and good luck with a speedy :bfp:! I just saw someone yesterday or the day before that was on her first cycle TTC and had just joined the site. She didn't test until AF was 2 days late, and got her :bfp:! So, it can happen first time out! Don't let some of our struggles make you too pessimistic!

~*BABY DUST*~

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->