Nexplanon Implant Advice Please :)

misschatty87

Reaction score
Hi :)

I had nexplanon inserted in Feb as I was headed off to Australia on a working holiday with my long term boyfriend, we are away for 'up to 2 years' and it seemed a great idea as we are not ready for babies quite yet, I have a latex allergy- latex-free condoms are very expensive!! and I'm not perfect at taking the pill.

I'm not having much luck though...

I was seriously irritable for about 3 weeks after which has now gone :)..unfortunately I had constant light bleeding up until 2 weeks ago. My big problem im having is, before insertion I weighed 8 stone 5. (I'm 5'2 by the way) and since having it in I have ballooned up to 10stone!! Im really petite and this weight it seems, I am not carrying well at all. Its all gone on my tum and leg area :( I went to see my GP who literally said he has no idea if its related and suggested I went back to see the clinic that inserted it.
Im going on monday to see them but right now I just want it out in the hope that my weight will come back down too. Ive never been this heavy and I have not changed my eating habits, so its really getting to me :(

Any advice??? It seemed so great and other than the weight Im getting on with it fine. It scary how much has gone on and how quick. I didnt put the weight on immediately, it took two months for me to begin gaining and one month to put on the stone and a half :(

Please help :) xx

I can't offer any help I'm afraid, but I'm interested to see any responses as I had an implant put in 7 weeks ago and have not stopped bleeding since. Don't think I've put on any weight but I have seemed to have had a much bigger appetitie so I wouldn't be surprised if my weight starts going up. I'm going back to the doctors next week about the bleeding as it's driving me nuts :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->