Next Sookie Book Out Soon!

Sarahkka

Mama to Two Fine Boys!
Reaction score
According to Charlaine Harris' website, the story continues in Deadlocked, out May 2012!
A guilty pleasure for me, but so fun! :blush:

Here's a link to a sneak preview:
https://www.charlaineharris.com/Deadlocked_2.html

This will be Book 12 out of 13, so we're getting close to the end.
Any speculations on plot twists?

I think Sookie is going to be at least pregnant by the end of all the books. I think she might wind up with someone like Sam. Don't know why, but I feel like he might be the dark horse. :shrug:

I've always wanted her to end up with Sam :)

Mummy2B21 - The Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris is the book series upon which the TV series True Blood is based.
They are pretty fluffy, but quite fun! :)
And she's been contracted to write 13 of these books in all, so we're close to the end with book 12.

Oh thank you!! I have never actually gotten round to watching true blood, but have heard so much about it and i have been wanting to watch for a while now, are the books the same as the series or are they like a follow on of the programe? Would it matter if i read the books first or the series?

x

The TV show is based on the books. I treat them as two separate entities because I think the first three seasons of the show were far better writing than the books! :)
I don't think it makes any difference if you watch first or read first or do both simultaneously. :)

Im the same see them as two different things The basic stories are the same but characters differ slightly. The 4th book is my favourite but I wasn't that keen on the 4th series. I must admit I'm a bit disappointed with the latest two books I feel she is trying a bit too hard with them. I'll still get the rest though as I'm interested how they will turn out :)

I always wanted Sookie to end up with Eric, he's a better person (vampire?) when he's with her and you see a different side to him.
Sam's good but too sappy for my liking, I liked Bill in the first books but went off him as the books progressed....

Personally I treat the books and the tv series as separate with a similar base line....There's too many differences in the tv series compared to the books imo.

Right, this thread has awakened my Eric Northman obsession.....Off to google for images now :rofl:

I'm another who treats the tv series and the books as separate. I love the books but I also hate them because the writing is terrible and repetitive and sookie is so up her own arse I feel like slapping her back down to earth :rofl:

I am looking forward to the book coming out though, but I am raring to end this series of books... I just want to know what will happen now

Im jumping on these books ive just ordered the 1-10 box set off ebay for a bargain price of £12.50 including postage and theyre brand new :)))

I read the sample of the first book on my kindle and ive really got into it now i just have to wait a few days for the books to be delivered.

Id love to watch the show but i think ill finish all the books first as i know it will distract me otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->