NHS Funding

x_Rainbow_x

Reaction score
Hey iv just popped back on to ask a question... has anyone done or had NHS funding? did you have to fill out forms yourself or was it all done at the hospital? just iv gt 2 sets of questionaires threw, him & her ones asking all health questions like will there be any illnesses that will be passed on and asking about previous welfare, like violence and that.. could they be my NHS funding forms ( i bloody hope so )

[-o<

I dont know from personal experience, but the lady in the upstairs office had the forms filled in by the consultant.

Hope this helps

What is an NHS Funding Form?Sorry ...just curious....

when u want treatment on the nhs that costs a fair bit. its the forms u apply 4 funding with..

Hi Tracie

This sounds like a similar form my OH and I had to fill in prior to our consent signing for our first IVF cycle which was funded. we both had to fill in and sign them.

If I remeber correctly they were green or maybe yellow and like you said they asked a list of medical questions then went on to ask about alchol usage or recreational drug usage etc.

We completed these forms just prior to having all our bloods taken for our virals tests and fsh levels. We commenced our IVF cycle 6 weeks later.

I hope this is it for you, good luck xxx

Sarah

as much as that sounds amazing i rele dont think its that... :( my questionaire is just plain white paper.. one asking about any violence and convictions ( to check weve got no criminal records to do with kids) and another just a genral medical test.. iv had all my CD tests done as i needed them for a profile before i could apply for funding. Unforchatly its not straight forwards ivf either.. but i can hope its helping us que jump :) thankyou x

Me and my DH had to fill in Child Welfare forms (which were white), medical questionnaires, and personal information forms, before having our bloods taken. We then had triplicate forms to fill in which were for the HFEA consenting to freezing, and use of embies in the event of death of one or other of us. We completed these in June last year before being placed on the waiting list.

It sounds as though these are what you've been given to complete.

yep, we had to fill out child welfare forms too and then a form about our medial history, we also had to be tested for hiv, hepitits etc and i had to have swobs done x

yep, we had to fill out child welfare forms too and then a form about our medial history, we also had to be tested for hiv, hepitits etc and i had to have swobs done x

had all that.. they might be just catching up with paper work... hopefully.

we had to fill these out at our first ivf appt when we were put on waiting list hun xx

Me and my DH had to fill in Child Welfare forms (which were white), medical questionnaires, and personal information forms, before having our bloods taken. We then had triplicate forms to fill in which were for the HFEA consenting to freezing, and use of embies in the event of death of one or other of us. We completed these in June last year before being placed on the waiting list.

It sounds as though these are what you've been given to complete.

Like Maz, I've either filled in all of these or have them with me to complete and hand over at my next appointment on Friday. Most of mine have been pink (for me) or blue (for DH) with a few white forms/questionnaires which were joint information.

I have to say I never really felt like I was 'applying for funding'. I'd had all the blood tests, US, HSG, SA etc and then my GP referred me to a Fertility Clinic, the first letter from them with my first appointment date was 'reference NHS funded treatment'. It felt more like fitting the criteria than actually applying for funding.

Hope it means things are moving forward for you.

Hub and I filled the forms in too, again this was before being placed on the waiting list. I found the child welfare forms made me very emotional. I do understand why they have to be filled in but just hurt I suppose. Wanted to write all over it 'Do you think we'll go through all this heartache and difficult process to harm a child?!!!!!!!!!!!!'. When the sad reality is many of the people who harm children have multiple children and no difficulty having them either!!!! They didn't have to fill in form after form and discuss what would happen when the person they love may die or leave etc etc

SCREAM!!!!!!!!! Ok rant over (I've had a bad day! Sorry to be grumpy!!)

Hub and I filled the forms in too, again this was before being placed on the waiting list. I found the child welfare forms made me very emotional. I do understand why they have to be filled in but just hurt I suppose. Wanted to write all over it 'Do you think we'll go through all this heartache and difficult process to harm a child?!!!!!!!!!!!!'. When the sad reality is many of the people who harm children have multiple children and no difficulty having them either!!!! They didn't have to fill in form after form and discuss what would happen when the person they love may die or leave etc etc

SCREAM!!!!!!!!! Ok rant over (I've had a bad day! Sorry to be grumpy!!)

I completely agree with you ... it seems unfair that we have to be judged before we can have treatment for the chance to have children, when scumbags get knocked up so easily without a second thought, or any intrusive questions from so called experts ...

xx

Hi i know this thread is old but i got these forms as we've been moved to the top of the list and we need to pass these forms to get accepted for IUI even though we have been on the waiting list for over a year why not do it before then? i am worried sick about this and posted my own thread would love to hear the outcome of this thread and what you went through we said no to all the questions bar the medical history one as i have Hypermobility syndrome and my OH has OCD but both minor and controlled so i am unsure what to do or if i should be worried or something i am freaking out :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->