NHS on Baby-Led Weaning

I find this weird as I actually learned about BLW in the weaning class I went to with my son at the clinic here. They were very supportive of it and that is what they were teaching here about a year ago. Wonder if that is all changed now?

I just remembered something i read on a blog about baby led weaning and it made me giggle.
This woman's HV friend who had been on weaning courses which included information on BLW suggested that the powers that be in the NHS were loathe to encourage BLW too much in case they incurred the wrath of AK, and that AK might beat the doors of NO 10 down should BLW be incorporated into the NHS' weaning information.
It took me a while to realise that AK was Annabel Karmel :lol:

THey never mentioned anything about BLW a my weaning fayre so it was pointless me going recently! They just said this is what you give a baby at this age and this age etc etc and it was all purees which gradually got lumpier. Also I never mention anything about co sleeping or anything to my HV cos I can't be bothered with a lecture

I'm lucky I guess thar our HVs are ignorant enough to think people who live here don't need their help because they have nice homes. So they don't bother us and wouldn't dare try to *tell* you anything.

I am alarmed though just how hit and miss the whole HV 'thing' seems to be.

lol at AK beating the door of no 10 down! :rolf: if BLW became the method HV advised then she surely would end up in the job centre?!

Hi everyone, at my booking appt there was a breastfeeding booklet attached to my notes (https://www.mothersguide.co.uk/) which had a page on BLW. Maybe the NHS have listened to you all! You gotta love the NHS - such consistency lol

I've never spoken to my HV about weaning because we haven't been since Leyla was 8 weeks old. Naughty mummy! But I really can't be bothered going just to get Leyla weighed when I can do that at home. I think I'll go this week though, just to get her official weight in the red book. I'm not sure whether to mention BLW to her (I think she'll ask about weaning as Leyla is approaching 6 months) - she seems like she's quite in favour of AP from what she's said before though, so maybe she'll be ok about it.

we haven't been since Leyla was 8 weeks old. Naughty mummy! But I really can't be bothered going just to get Leyla weighed when I can do that at home. .

if ur naughty then so am i! :haha: i hardly ever go...i've seen my actual HV twice (once when we were signed over from MW and then once since then) and i've had him weighed 4 times incl those 2 appointments. I don't really find seeing the HV useful...if i have a medical concern i see the doc and if its just questions then i either ask my nct mum friends or come on here?! lol
i can see Kian growing and i feed him on demand so i've always been pretty confident that he's getting what he needs when he needs it.
on the few times i've been to the clinic for weighings i've left feeling annoyed...not a place i hurry back to really! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->