nhs worker off sick need finantial advice

Wilkie

Reaction score
Hi
Just wondering if anyone can give me a little advice.
I have workedd for the hns for almost two years. I am currently 25 weeks pregnant with twins and off sick with bad spd my midwife says its unlikely I willbe returning to work as I am now relient on crutches to get around. My problem now is my sick pay as now dropped to ssp and it barely covers any of my bills! Ive spent all day on the phone trying to find information out but apparently there is nothing I can claim on top of ssp. I just dont know what we are going to do. My partners wage will only just cover our bills, we are going to have nothing left for food, petrol etc we still have big items to buy the twins before they arrive.
Does anyone know of any money we would be entitled to or have any advice on this ? We dont claim any benifits at the moment.

Thanks in advance!

Sorry I'm not sure hun but you should be able to go on maternity from 29 weeks.

Are you claiming WTc?give them a call or try online calculator.

I'm not claiming wtc. The lady on the phone at job centre plus said there is nothing i can claim as being on ssp your still classed as working. Plus my partner although not married is working full time and drawing a wage! I just don't know how we will manage till my mat leave start

I'm not claiming wtc. The lady on the phone at job centre plus said there is nothing i can claim as being on ssp your still classed as working. Plus my partner although not married is working full time and drawing a wage! I just don't know how we will manage till my mat leave start

if ssp is classed as working then your wages have dropped. Do a calc based on SSP as your salary.

If you're off work for 28 weeks or less You can carry on claiming Working Tax Credit for the first 28 weeks that you're off work. This is as long as you were working the minimum number of hours for your circumstances, immediately before going off work. One of the following will also need to apply:
you get a specific sickness or disability benefit - or would do but you don’t qualify because you're self-employed you receive National Insurance credits awarded because of incapacity for work, or limited capability for work (how your illness or disability affects the amount and type of work you can do)

The specific sickness or disability benefits are:
Statutory Sick Pay
Income Support paid because of incapacity for work
Employment and Support Allowance

https://www.hmrc.gov.uk/taxcredits/keep-up-to-date/changes-affect/work-changes/no-work-illness.htm#2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->