Nice Front facing carrier

DaisyDreamer

mama to a beautiful boy
Reaction score
So I've been using the Boba occasionally with LO, only occasionally because he loves seeing everything and the stroller ended up being a better fit.

I don't like wearing him forwards in the Boba, and I don't know if that's how it's designed anyway, so was wondering if any one of you awesome ladies could recommend a carrier that allows Baby to see the world?

Carrying him in my arms is hard on my back and OH and I want to get to hiking on trails. Nothing intense but not a place for a stroller

I have a Lillebaby which I love. I believe the Ergo 360 and Infantino Flip can be forawrd facing as well.
The Boba SSC should not be used for forward facing. Also keep in kind that it's not recommended to have baby forward facing for more than about 20 minutes at a time. It doesn't keep their hips in an ideal position and can over stimulate them.

Have you considered carrying baby on your back? he'd still be able to look around.

Have you considered carrying baby on your back? he'd still be able to look around.

You mean like with a kanga? I have in the past I guess I kind of forgot you could do that :blush:

How about a ring sling and hip carry? I found it good with my nosy lg

I initially wished I had bought the Ergo 360 instead of an original Ergo because I wanted to wear Isla in a forward facing front carry, now I am glad I didn't because I think a back carry is so much more comfortable and practical. If you are leaning forward slightly (as you often are if you are hiking!) then having baby on your front will put a long of pressure on your back. Isla hates the front carry but I wear her on my back all the time and she is happy because she can look around. A back carry also keeps baby out of your way. If I tried to do groceries or something with Isla in a forward facing front carrier it would be a nightmare because she would be trying to grab everything out of my hands. Also keep in mind that baby is likely to get quite hot if you are hiking with him in a carrier that holds him against your body (although I think there are some carriers that are "airier" than others). If I am running errands or something Isla goes on my back in the Ergo, but if we are hiking or walking the dog or doing something active outside then she goes on my back in a proper hiking backpack that holds her away from my body so the air circulates around her.

I would carry your baby at your back that's the best way . I wont recommend front facing carry.

I would carry baby on your back. That way he can still see the world but still be able to snuggle into you should be get over stimulated by it all :)

Cool, besides ergo any good back carriers for baby?

Tula for a good back carry . Dno anything about front facing the ... sorry

Another vote for back carry, it is sooooo much more comfortable.

I have a boba 3g and 4g, pretty much all SSC will do back carry with a baby who is over 6 months.

I really like my Lenny lamb for back carrying. It's not as comfortable as a woven but the best buckle carrier I've tried for back carries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->