Nickname help!

LadyBelle

Mommy to Emerson
Reaction score
We've been discussing baby names (prematurely) and I have fallen in love with Ireland for a girl. Any good nicknames for that?

A friends daughter was named Ireland. . . and everyone just called her that.

The only thing I can think of is Ira (eye-ra)?

I love the name Ireland for a little girl. I wouldn't shorten it to anything, personally... but "Ira" def can work.

Nicknames have a way of developing all on their own. Most kids seem to have nns I doubt their parents ever planned when pregnant.

I also wouldn't shorten Ireland. I think it's gorgeous just as it is. Ira is an option if you're into it but I personally don't care for it. Something like Rella could possibly work too, but is a slight stretch.
I agree that nicknames don't have to be anything that you can plan either. My name is Rebecca but my nickname is Bella :shrug:

I (as in 'eye'), Lan, Landy, Lannie??? Maybe I'm thinking a bit too hard 😉

I think Lannie (pronounced like lah-nee, like Donny but with an L)
Or Andi

Thank you everyone. It's most definitely a difficult name to shorten. I like many of the suggestions but I think Andie is my favorite. My fathers name is also Andy and I kind of like the idea, don't know why I didn't think of it.

Thank you everyone. It's most definitely a difficult name to shorten. I like many of the suggestions but I think Andie is my favorite. My fathers name is also Andy and I kind of like the idea, don't know why I didn't think of it.

I love masculine nicknames on other's girls! Andy is very cute! As PPs have mentioned, I also thought of Lindy, Lanie, or Landy, but definitely like Andy the best if you really want to shorten it. Ireland really a gorgeous name in of itself and I don't feel like it's so long it has to be shortened. Just my two cents :)

That's perfect! Ireland, nn. Andi! Love it!! Especially since your dad's name is Andy!! :kiss:

i wouldnt worry about nicknames hun they have a way of developing themselfs!

my sons have got extremely unusual names but they can be shortened to Zac and Alex... neither of them are shortened to these they are shortened to completely different names

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->