Nicotine replacement?

Linzi

Prodest mummy ever
Reaction score
Hello :)

You're probably going to think Im really awful for this, but I am trying my best!

I smoked quite heavily for the past 9 years of my life and I stopped 7 weeks ago as soon as I found out I was pregnant.

I haven't had a cigarette, and I don't *really* want one because I keep thinking of the baby and I dont want to cause it any harm, but its driving me crackers. Just at times of the day when I should be going out for a ciggie break or when someone in the office comes back and stinks of smoke, its really hard work.

So my question is, are you allowed to use those inhalers or chewing gum or anything whilst you're pregant?

Just to take the edge off it really.

*stress head*

xxx

7 weeks is fantasttic with NOTHING

well done you! if you have gone this far with nothing i would try keep that up personally other than that get on phone to your MW they can help and you get them free. Yep you can use the inhalers :D

It sounds really silly but whenever I think about having one I think of my baby in a big puff of smoke and coughing and stuff. Its really weird, but keeps me going.

Its not desperate at the minute but Ill have a work with the MW next time I see her to see what she says.

Theres days when its harder than others, but Im so proud of myself,cant believe Ive gone this long cold turkey! haha

Just wish I could say the same for hula hoops!

xxx

Well done for giving up and going so long without a ciggie!!! Thats awesome!

I would talk to your doctor and find out what is safest to have, how much you can have and what the side effects are for bubs.

I bet your baby is so thankful for your decision, you're amazing hun :hugs:

Again my only advise would be to speak to a doctor, I know there are some new tablets out which are supposed to be fantastic. Other than that I cant really offer any advise as I just went 'cold turkey'

Well done for going with out though hun. Im sure you will pull through it. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->