Night feeds

Doodlebug88

Reaction score
My lo is 3 weeks now and wakes every 2-3 hours during the night for feeds. After about 10 mins of sucking he's fallen asleep. I wait around another 10 mins and keep offering him my breast but he's not interested. Is this normal? Any ways to try and get him to feed for longer?

Yeah this is normal :)

I used to feed one side, then change him which woke him, then offered the other side. Undressing them and tickling their feet or neck sometimes helps too :)

Yes mine does this too sometimes, and I know she will wake up wanting more soon after!

As pp said, I change her bum, strip her off, tickle her, wind her, change sides to wake her up for more. Also if I put her down in the moses basket and she is sleepy but still hungry she will usually realise within a few mins whereas if I keep hold of her she is more comfy and will stay asleep!

Totally normal, you can try changing baby, tickling feet, stripping off or blowing on his face. If your son is like mine nothing will work! But I can say that at 5.5 weeks my LO has started feeding for longer at night and sleeping longer bursts (up to 4 hours) so there is hope!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->