Night Feeds

smartie

1 Prince, 1 Princess
Reaction score
Until recently Hannah was waking up once a night round 4am (and occasionally through to morning) after her supper feed at 7pm. This last week though she is waking up 3-4 times a night and feeding for around 30 mins each time. Her last feed is always around 7pm and we have tried giving her a bottle around 11pm to see if that would see her through but she woke a couple of hours later wanting more.

Last night, for example, she had supper at 7pm, woke around 0030, then again at 3am and then again at 5.30am before waking for brekkie around 0830.

I have tried her last feed being hungry baby but it made no difference. Her 7pm feed is usually a 50/50 mix of EBM and formula. During the night/brekkie she gets BF.

She is showing no signs of being ready for solids during the day yet so can anyone offer any advice on how to get her sleeping for longer again? OH and I are permanently tired just now.

TIA :)

Because you said the hungry fed baby milk didnt make a difference, it kind of makes me think shes wakening for the sake of it. Simply because she knows she'll get your attention and some milk. Why not try offering her some water?

I had thought that might be it so last night just tried to rock her back to sleep (she wont go to sleep on her own yet) but she suckled on my arm so bad that I now have a "love bite" so I put her on me and she fed for a while, leading me to think she was actually hungry.

I'll take some water up with us tonight and try that before offering her the breast when she wakes

Usually when they start waking through the night again it is a sure sign they need more during the day, but you said she doesnt seem ready for solids, I dont know I am at a loss, maybe a growth?? Hope you can sort it, nothing worse than going back to interrupted sleep xx

During the day she gets 4 houry feeds of 7oz but she often only takes 5-6oz and isnt asking for milk any more often which is why I dont feel she is quite ready for solids yet. It is quite frustrating though as we'd gotten used to getting more seep but are now going backwards!

She may be having a groth spurt. Maybe give it a few days and see. Not sure what else to advise.

They usually do have a growth spurt around 4mo I believe.. and another around 6mo.
If you dont want to give her solids yet, then just wait it out and see if it gets better.

Sounds like a growth spurt. Also, she's at the age now where she's more aware of things and doesn't want to miss anything, so that's why she may not be feeding as much during the day.

This is what ella was starting to do and everytime i was eating she opened her mouth , so blended up some veges into a paste and fed her acouple of spoonfuls, full night sleep again :cloud9: but she was showing signs of interest to food so thats why i though id try. ;)
If bubs isnt then try the water as someone suggested , this worked on me when i was a baby :lol:

Well last night was a bit better. She woke at 10.15pm so gave her a bottle which kept her going until 4.45am. I fed her on me then but she puked loads back up all over me, her and the bed :dohh: She continued feeding though after we were all changed which has kept her going and is just being fed again now by Daddy.

Thanks for all the advice. I'll keep an eye on things for the next few days and perhaps try some baby rice if things dont improve.

She is prob having a growth spurt although she may just be hungry and want feeding. She is getting bigger and needs more milk. My daughter bf every 4-6 hours during the night until she was 10 months old.

This happened with Jack a couple of weeks back - he had just gotten into a routine of going to bed at approx 9pm & sleeping through until about 6.30/7.00am & then he started waking at 3.00am for food again:dohh: He had already started having solids, as he was showing all of the signs that he was ready for weaning, but this didn't stop him waking - I put it down to a growth spurt, & for the last two nights he has slept through again, so hopefully things have calmed down again fingers crossed:happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->