Night time changes

luckyme225

Reaction score
How often do you change your little ones diaper at night? During the day I change after every feeding (about 8+ times) but at night I find it hard to get up and change him after every feeding. Right now OH is changing him at night after I feed but he goes back to work next week so that will go out the window.

I change Anna a whopping 10 times a night! But sod getting out of bed that often - had enough of that for going to the loo in pregnancy! I just change Anna on my lap... Doesn't anyone else do this? :wacko:

We used to do it about three times a night, but now we only do it once (if at all) but we use cloth nappies.

When Caitlin was feeding every 3 hours it was every 3 hours night & day! Now its after every feed which is every 3 hours ish still or of course again if she poos between bottles. She is now sleeping through the night and therefore her nappy is changed as soon as she wakes up! I'd imagine Mums don't set the alarm at 4am just to change baby? lol Oh and of course the extra nappy change at bath time which tends to be between a feed at some point!

I change Ebonii just before her last feed at night then when she goes down thats her till the next morning so I leave her till then, in the early days when she was waking thru the night tho I was advised by HV not to change her unless I really felt it necessary as it can waken the baby up more and it means your up for longer:dohh:

I never did this with my boys and I had terrible time with them getting up thru the night, but with Ebonii its been brilliant if she ever does happen to wake thru the night all I do is quick feed with little dim or even no lights on and I hardly talk to her so she knows its night time and shouldnt be up lol its worked wonders for me as from really early on she has last feed at 9ish and thats her till 8am+ :happydance:

I changed paige for the first couple of weeks at night but stopped because she wasn't dirty, i only change her now if she's dirty, i'd rather not disturb her x x

i bath Lilly at 9pm everynight and she has a new nappy on then she i dont change her until she wakes for her feed which is usually 5/6am but sometimes 9am, apparently nappies are made to last 8-12 hours, i just worry about it irritating her bum but im sure she'd let me know if she was uncomfortable, i had to change her after every feed until she was over a month old because she pooed after every feed, now its like shes in a poo routine lol she has 2/3 poo's every morning and thats about it. x

I only change Colton when hes pooed/wet. Usually 2-3 times before he falls asleep ... then maybe once in the early morning.

i change tyler maybe once through the night if he poos otherwise not untill morning.

I Change Kira when she needs it really during the night i try and not change her but if her nappy is dirty or is full so wouldnt last till morning i will change her but other then that i don't bother i do the same during the day.

Wow I change Noah right before every feeding, I think I will try not to maybe he will sleep better. I think I do this because of the NICU, its how they do it.

I think at 2 weeks old I was changing Oscar after every feed.

It does get better though.

I try to not change Oscar now at night, I get the night time nappies, they have an extra layer, and only change him if he is wet or uncomfortable

i change riley at every feed and in between if need be then i leave him to sleep through the night and we change him as soon as he wakes

i used to change james after every feed (2 hourly) and i also changed him on my lap

Didnt change Noah last night and he slept from 8:30p-2:30a!! then 3-6:30..so happy!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->