Night time potty training?

RebeccaR19

Reaction score
My son has been potty trained since he was 2 (so nearly a year and a half now).
A few months ago, he expressed a desire to switch to underpants at night. He was waking up dry on most mornings. But I told him we would wait until his current pack of diapers was done and then we'd switch.

He sometimes was wet in the morning, but most mornings he was dry. When his last diaper was used (two days ago), I put him in his underpants. I didn't let him have anything to drink past 6 PM. I had him pee twice before bed. And he ended up wetting the bed still. Last night, I tried again. I had him actually get up one time at about 10:30 and pee. He woke up at 2 am crying because he had wet his bed. I got up with him, changed him (and his bedding), had him try to pee as much as possible in the potty, and then put him back to bed. This morning, he woke up at 8 am wet again.

Now, personally, I am pretty patient about this and it doesn't bother me to have to get up with him a few nights until he gets the hang of it. He does NOT want to go back to diapers regardless of wetting the bed. But what's your experience or advice? Did you just go straight to underpants one night? Did you wait until some sort of consistent streak of dry diapers before switching? Sometimes I wonder if the bed wetting will help him become aware of when he has to go at night and if I am just patient, it won't last long before he gets up and goes potty if he has to pee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->