Nightmare neighbours gone!

summer rain

Mum of 5
Reaction score
Not sure if they have been evicted (we live in social housing and despite what they say, evicting problem tenants is pretty difficult) or if they moved of their own accord but a nightmare family who are responsible for at least 80% of ASB in this development are gone, yay, they packed up a moving van today and left-a few years ago the woman from the family was having a little 'yard sale', now I know why. We live in a mixed development of houses and flats and this family lived in one of the houses; they would hold barbecues and parties in the communal yard and their guests completely trashed up all the flowerbeds and plants around the edges, not to mention the noise problem. Then this woman's sons would mess with the mechanisms on the front doors of the flats; causing serious issues for those living on the bottom floor of the flats who use wheelchairs, and they'd hang around outside their house and intimidate the older people living here and the way this development is; its impossible to get into the flats without going past their house. On more than one occasion other chavs who the teenage boys of this family crossed have turned up and smashed their windows as well as causing other damage to the development. Loads of times this woman has come up to my OH like he is an ally and complained about how everyone who lives here is 'ungrateful' and they are all 'grassers'. Anyway its extremely quiet here tonight! Just hope the other scum get the message and that whoever moves into that house; isn't worse! xx

Thats great news!
Wish that would have happened at the estate we were in before we decided enough was enough and made ourselves skint and moved :(

Thanks; sorry to hear you had to move hun, we moved from our old area mainly because of another problem family living a few doors down and the HA did nothing about it-just repaired their doors and windows when they were repeatedly smashed and kicked in, yet for anyone else if something happened to their doors and windows they'd have to pay to replace it themselves. Anyway last thing we wanted was to have to move again xx

That is great news, it can be hell living near people who behave like that so i'm very pleased for you. Fingers crossed the next tenants have more respect for their neighbours and property. Anyway enjoy the peace and quiet xxx

Our neighbours at tge back moved a few months ago, I don't think I've ever been more relieved. They had 4 girls, all privately educated and 3 yapping dogs. When I say yapping it wad the minute they got let into the garden till they went in be that 10 minutes or 10 hrs. It was non stop, I can't believe 3 dogs can continuously bark that long but they did. I drove me to tears quite alot, I felt even worse when I was pregnant. Xmas morning we we woke up to barking at 6.50am, I lost the plot and stuck my head out of the window and screamed 'SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP!!' I was screaming , not shouting! I've never been so angry as when the dogs were barking, you could hear the barks from inside the house as they were always in the conservatory so it would echo. In the summer we always had to come inside, we have 16 ft bifold doors on the back of the house and it opens up the back of the house but we never used them because they barked so much. We rang the council about 10 times and they sent out recording equipment, we had a nightmare though as we wiped the evidence 3 times after accidently turning it off! Anyway, the couple split up and eventually moved which ended 4 yrs of pain and torture. Our friends didn't want to come over to our house alot of the time as they couldn't stand them barking, one time one of the guys actually went round to tell them how out of order they were, fortunatly for them the dogs were just locked in the garden as they were out! We now have a family with a little girl who is as quiet as a mouse. BLISS!!!!

:happydance:

I moved because of horrid neighbours years ago. It was an incredibly stressful time, best thing I ever did though.

I am so glad your bad neighbours have gone! Hopefully whoever moves in will be great!

xx

Thanks; this nightmare family were quite well off as well and the dad looked like a hardened radio 4 listener but it didn't stop them behaving like scumbags. On one occasion the mum was bothering my husband saying its the homebuilders and housing assoc fault there is so much ASB here because....they built this place 'too far' from the park-its a blimmin 5 minute walk! Never mind people here being 'ungrateful' whatever that means. Well we shall see who moves in; it looks like they left the house in quite a state (it was only built 2 years ago!) so it is probably going to take the housing assoc a while to sort it xx

I'm having problms withnightmare neighbours too! Today they had music up full blast and when my hubby asked them to turn it down they screamed abuse about my special needs son! I rang the police as I have done many times before and they told them to keep it down, show respect and stop the aggression! Five mins after they left they turned the music up Sooooooo loud for about a minute. This continued for three hours so I am going to ring the housing executive yet again about anti social behaviour! Sooooooo pissed off with this!They send someone out who tells them off, threatens them with action and tell me it's dealt with- only for it too start up few weeks later . Loud music day and night , shouting, screaming- you name it they do it! But, to call my special needs son disgusting names is pathetic! Aaarrrhhhhhhhhh!

I feel so angry for you. Last year we had our lives made hell by loud, bassey music; these flats are so soundproof but it was more the vibration; our whole flat shook due to it-it was so loud and the vibration so strong that I thought it must be the flat under us but no it was the one next to that. I went down and checked and the noise coming out of that flat was unmistakeable. We'd also hear their arguments in the back bedrooms of our flat; with them effing and blinding. The flats on the floors under us are run by a different housing association than ours and that caused problems with our housing association getting hold of the people from that housing association to begin with, then the other housing association said it is just an older woman who lives there on her own and she told them that she works nights and sleeps all day so it can't be her and that I must be mistaken! I was livid and said I am absolutely sure that the music was coming from there and not only that but both OH and I had regularly seen 4 creepy looking people in their early twenties going into the flat like they lived there-and never saw her going in and out even though OH also works nights, so we reckoned she was subletting. Anyway I think the woman got scared of getting caught for this; even though her housing assoc believed all the BS she told them because after a month the music just stopped and we haven't seen the 4 weirdos ever since. I hate the way that housing organisations (councils, housing assocs etc) think if they just tell the people not to do it again that its dealt with :( xx

I think until you experience nightmare neighbours you cannot appreciate how much it affects your lives! This is an on going thing where they are told to behave by the association they argue a while, then agree and after a while it starts worse than ever! Where I live is otherwise great except for these people who moved in almost two years ago! Two weeks after they came the parties started, friends would visit and they would party very loudly outside, babies would be left crying outside at four in the morning while they got drunk and the list goes on!!!! So glad your situation was finally sorted out and you and your family can get back to enjoying your home once again:flower:.

I use to have nightmare neighbours. Music full blast all night (He was on Disability Allowance because of Migraines :dohh:), he was a drug dealer, his house was raided on a monthly basis & sometimes the police brayed on my door at 6am because they got the wrong door, all their friends that came for parties use to block my car in so I couldn't get out to go to work the next morning. It was private rent (paid by HA I'm assuming) & the landlord couldn't give a shit, as long as the rent was paid (We had the lease to next door).

I use to have nightmare neighbours. Music full blast all night (He was on Disability Allowance because of Migraines :dohh:), he was a drug dealer, his house was raided on a monthly basis & sometimes the police brayed on my door at 6am because they got the wrong door, all their friends that came for parties use to block my car in so I couldn't get out to go to work the next morning. It was private rent (paid by HA I'm assuming) & the landlord couldn't give a shit, as long as the rent was paid (We had the lease to next door).

It's the pits isn't it!:growlmad:

Its ridiculous because some HAs are really strict, so its obvious they are allowed to be really strict if they choose to be-my OHs uncle where he lives, some people were just being loud talking on their balcony and smoking weed on there and they got evicted for that. Our one is strict on kicking people out who don't pay their rent but evicting people or even taking serious action against them for ASB is incredibly rare for them to do xx

I was speaking to a neighbourhood police officer todaywho told me to contact the council, ask for environmental health, and request a complaint form. After a certain number of incidents, the council will take the nightmare neighbours to court and deal with them. In his opinion, housing associations are pretty useless at dealing with things like this. So, gonna give that a try instead of going round in circles and getting nowhere!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->