Nightmares...

C

Cjayne

DS1 is 4.. and has been having nightmares for a long time.

He's been having them for 6-9 months on a frequent basis. For example he woke up at 3am the other night, came into my room sobbing. Grabbed my hand and lead me to his room, making me walk first. He made me turn the light on and show him that there was nothing under his blanket. I then had to let him keep the dog in his room for the night. He does this at least 4 times a week now.

He always tells me he had a bad dream about losing me, or monsters taking me away. :cry:

What do I do?

Oh bless his heart :( thats so sad. My first thought was some sort of monster spray, my LB went through a similar phase of being scared of what's under his bed etc so I got a water bottle and told him the spray kept him safe and nothing could harm him, it defiantly worked.

Seeing as this is about losing you I'm not sure if that'll work but might be worth a try.

Thanks, we discussed this tonight. You can buy 'monster spray' online. He has such serious separation anxiety :/ He's just been in to me a moment ago sobbing :(

My ds goes thru stages.of night terrors too. What's really really helped is a dream catcher!! Its psychological for him but we have hung it over his head and we give it 3 shakes before he goes to sleep and he says it stops bad dreams xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->