Nightmares?

Elli21

Reaction score
My little girl is 3 next month...lately (in the last 2 weeks or so) every couple of nights she seems to have a nightmare, where she wakes up and then cries or screams and you cant understand a word she is saying coz shes mumbling everything.
Last night was terrible, Tom wasnt sleeping too well as he has a cold, but Leigha woke up about 2am and started her usually crying, but then she got out of bed and come into our room, started to talk to us but she was shouting...Then when we had thought we'd calmed her down, we asked ehr to go into her own room again and go back to sleep. She cried again but she went.
Then about 10 seconds later she SCREAMED and said she had seen eyes looking at her, i asked where?! and she kept pointing to the same place over...so her dad went into her room and spent the rest of the night in there.

Im not sure what to think, and im a bit freaked out. Last night, i did quietly ask that if there was a spirit in her room to please not make his or her prescence known to her again as it really scared her...I know that sounds silly.
I used to sleep walk and i used to have night terrors, but i didnt start those until at least 5. Im not sure what to think??

Also, im not sure where she'd get the ideas of eyes looking at her?? I dont talk about things like that in front of her or anything and she doesnt watch scarey films....or anything...bit random to be a made up story??

I really dont know what to think.

I had night terrors and use to sleep walk too started around 5yo :(

my ds1 gets them too :( his started around 4yo its horrible seeing them like that !! I just give him lots of love and cuddles and reassure him nothing can hurt him, he actually got a teddy from my Mum when he was about 5 and that sat on his pillow to "protect him" he is now 12 and is growing out of it (thank god) he still has that teddy tho !!!

hope your LO is ok :hug:

i think its their imagination more then anything or something they have heard from someone like a passer by.

Kacy gets them every so often.

is it possibly, she saw something on tv what might have triggered this imagination?

e.g. in my opinion some video clips can be quite scary for children.

All the ones that she doesnt like or she finds scarey have been put away.
She watches things like tom and jerry and its always the same videos she watches. Which ive watched aswell so theres nothing like that on those videos.
She does watch scooby doo tho, and i guess they are scarey, but she loves it.

it could have been scooby doo,,,,,,,, that would have freaked me out abit!

LOL...scooby doo is not scarey! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->