Nighttime engorgement

Doodlebug88

Reaction score
My lo one was feeding 2 hourly day and night but for the last 3 days he is feeding 2 hourly in the day time and then 3-4 hourly at night. This is great as I get to sleep BUT I am getting very engorged.

Last night after I fed off the right breast I hand expressed some from the left to ease the solidness. I then fell asleep and woke up to a wet top and bed (I did wear a pad too) and a rock hard breast. Luckily lo woke up and fed so it was fine. I know my supply will adjust but what can I do until then? How long until it adjusts? I know pumping won't help as will keep my supply up.

I remember those days. The wic lady told me that at first your supply is from hormones so its not really controllable. After a month I believe its ask from stimulation. Im not sure how much a pump will affect things. I used one and nursed allot out of no where I started to produce less milk. I froze my milk cuz I went back to work. Hand expression is fine.

i was majouly engourged & had no option but to pump & freeze or pump & dump.

if i didnt i was in agony & the bed was SOAKED, i used a night time sanitary towel in the end instead of breast pads :haha: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->