NIPT Blood test

nikkie122

Mom- Wyatt & Aiden
Reaction score
Hello Ladies, how many people have had their doctor request or recommend doing the NIPT test? Is it common for them to be wanting this done or is it just due to my age?

It’s fairly common to have now- it’s becoming more accessible and price has gone down in the last few years (mine was cheaper than the NT scan + bloods done 5 years ago), but they definitely encourage it for 35+ from what I’ve heard, as there is more risk with age.

Im still 2 years away but had it done

I think it’s fairly common. At least through my OB who is in a big city. They give it to everyone there. Or at least offer it. I was 25 with my first and 31 now and got it both times.

Its common once you are 35 and older. However be aware that the NIPT includes the sex chromosome (so I can find out gender early) and many insurances wont cover it. I am speakibg from both personal experience as well as the fact that I work at an insurance company. There are similar genetic tests you can request that do not include the sex chromosome and should be covered. Just a heads up! If you choose to get that test be sure to verify its covered.

Thanks for the information. I am only 33 so I’m a little older but I know 35 is more high risk. Just for my reassurance I am going to do it but am nervous about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->