no af after mmc

snow fairy

SOON TO BE MUM OF 4
Reaction score
hi well its now 38 days since my mmc as still no sign of af ??
not sure how long i should wait before going back to docs, i've no idea where abouts in my cycle i am, usually 28/30 days long so a bit puzzled and just want it to arrive so i know when ovulating again.

Hey I got my first AF 46 days after my mc!
Hang in there it should come, I was gonna go to docs after 9 weeks but she finally turned up!

hello snowfairy my first af turned up 8 weeks after my mmc. I was going to go to the docs when she arrived with vengeance.

I m/c at 5 weeks, my normal cycle is 28/30 days...I got my period 37 days after miscarriage. I, too was getting anxious and had planned on calling my doctor today if I didn't get it. Thankfully, Saturday she came! Phewwww.

thanks everyone i'll hang on a bit longer then hopefully it will arrive within next week x x

I think mine was 35 days from when my hcg hit zero
Which was around the time I got my BFP in jan so my cycles must be around that now

Hi ladies - I am anxiously waiting for AF also.

Had a miscarriage in Dec at about 12 weeks (resulted in a D & C) period started back up about a regular cycle length later (approx 28 days), Just had another M/C again last month. I am on day 36 waiting for AF so we can start trying again. I guess this length sounds normal from what you all have been saying but I still have been worried. I am feeling very bloated also, does this sound normal?

yes i'm very bloated today too, i tested this morning and got a faint line on 5 tests but retested with different brand and it was bfn so still waiting for af, thought it might of been on its way with how bloated and tired i feel, fingers crossed it arrives soon for us both so our cycles can get back to normal x x

Snowfairy - are you on day 39 now? I am on day 37 and really tired too. I used to hate AF and now I can't wait for her to get here!!! :winkwink:

Snowfairy - are you on day 39 now? I am on day 37 and really tired too. I used to hate AF and now I can't wait for her to get here!!! :winkwink:

hi hun yes its day 39 today, still no sign of af at all, i know what you mean i just want it to arrive so i can go to a normal cycle.
i've no idea if i've ovulated inbetween, we havent been using anything thats why i was a bit unsure with getting the faint bfp's this morning, but thinking about it i'm 99% sure there evaps. so just want af to arrive now so we can start trying again,

have u any other symptoms hun ?
i'm feeling bloated
really tired
and have a horrible taste all the time in my mouth

so hope its a sign af on its way
x x x

Hi everyone,

It's been 2 weeks since my D&C, (it was actually my second D&C as I had retained product from the first). I have stopped bleeding/spotting completely and for the first time since I found out about my miscarriage feel pretty good and "normal". My blood test came back today and HCG is still at 22. My doctor said it should be down to zero (less than 5) in the next couple of weeks.

My question is: Once my HCG reaches zero - what happens next? Will most likely ovulate or get my AF? We want to wait to ttc until I get at least one AF.

Any thoughts? :wacko:

Thanks girls...

Hi everyone,

It's been 2 weeks since my D&C, (it was actually my second D&C as I had retained product from the first). I have stopped bleeding/spotting completely and for the first time since I found out about my miscarriage feel pretty good and "normal". My blood test came back today and HCG is still at 22. My doctor said it should be down to zero (less than 5) in the next couple of weeks.

My question is: Once my HCG reaches zero - what happens next? Will most likely ovulate or get my AF? We want to wait to ttc until I get at least one AF.

Thanks girls...

hi hun
sorry to hear about your loss x x

as far as i'm aware you can ovulate as soon as your hcg gets back to normal before your af, i miscarried before my ds1 and ds2 i had a d&c after both miscarraiges but i also fell pregnant again before i had af with both.
good luck hun x x x

Snowfairy - no other symptoms other than tired and bloated. Both times I got BFP I had to go to the bathroom a lot so I really don't feel like I am this time. I may take a test in the next couple days just to see. How are you tracking your O? I see your chart says your 10 DPO.

Does anyone know.. after a MC... does your HCG level need to go to zero and then your cycle starts or does that even matter? I just saw rachellie19 has the same kind of question.

Snowfairy - no other symptoms other than tired and bloated. Both times I got BFP I had to go to the bathroom a lot so I really don't feel like I am this time. I may take a test in the next couple days just to see. How are you tracking your O? I see your chart says your 10 DPO.

Does anyone know.. after a MC... does your HCG level need to go to zero and then your cycle starts or does that even matter? I just saw rachellie19 has the same kind of question.

hi hun i'm guessing at my cycle as its usually 28 days but obviously its now day 40 for me but on fri/sat 8th and 9th april my cm changed to loads and loads of egg white, then on mon 11th it changed again to white creamy which it always does once i've ovulated so i am guessing that i ovulated sunday 10th
i could be completely wrong but i've watched changes in my cycle for a while so hoping i'm right and which is here by end of weekend x x

So I am on day 38 since my m/c and just because I am getting anxious I decided to take a HPT today (just to see) and it came back BFP.

Would it be possible to have a positive result still from my miscarriage on 3/14? I went to my doctor for a couple weeks after the M/C to be sure that my HCG went down:

3/14 - M/C and HCG about 300
3/17 - HCG about 150
3/23 - HCG at 8

On my last appointment they told me I was good and did not need to come back. I can't imagine that the 8 HCG I had about a month ago could turn a HPT positive...? The test level for the one I took says HCG of 20. I've only done the BD twice since my M/C so I can't imagine I'm pregnant, but I guess it could be slightly possible.

Anyone experienced this? :shrug:

So I am on day 38 since my m/c and just because I am getting anxious I decided to take a HPT today (just to see) and it came back BFP.

Would it be possible to have a positive result still from my miscarriage on 3/14? I went to my doctor for a couple weeks after the M/C to be sure that my HCG went down:

3/14 - M/C and HCG about 300
3/17 - HCG about 150
3/23 - HCG at 8

On my last appointment they told me I was good and did not need to come back. I can't imagine that the 8 HCG I had about a month ago could turn a HPT positive...? The test level for the one I took says HCG of 20. I've only done the BD twice since my M/C so I can't imagine I'm pregnant, but I guess it could be slightly possible.

Anyone experienced this? :shrug:

i think your pregnant again hun
do u have a pic ?

x x x

i think your pregnant again hun
do u have a pic ?

x x x

A pic of the BFP?
I am going to call my OB today and see what they think. I am looking at my BBT chart and although it looks a little erratic this month, if I did O it was about day 20 (so later in the cycle than normal).

Hi everyone,

Thanks girls...

rachellie19 - when I M/C in March my doctor tested my HCG until it returned to about zero (I was an 8 at my last appt) my doctor told me that I should O then expect AF. I think there is a huge range on time it takes to return to normal as I have found out from reading this formum. My M/C in Dec that resulted in a D&C, AP arrived about a regular cycle (28 days) later.

Hi everyone,

Thanks girls...

Hi Hun 21days after my hcg hit zero i think I ovulated and 2 weeks after that I got AF
This is a perfect 35 day cycle which is the length I had when I got my BFP (only had 1 cycle of 28 days before that since my implant removal)

I have a 35-day cycle. Had mmc at 10 weeks and got AF after 46 days (which my doctor had said I should expect).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->