no af after mmc

Hi everyone,

It's been 2 weeks since my D&C, (it was actually my second D&C as I had retained product from the first). I have stopped bleeding/spotting completely and for the first time since I found out about my miscarriage feel pretty good and "normal". My blood test came back today and HCG is still at 22. My doctor said it should be down to zero (less than 5) in the next couple of weeks.

My question is: Once my HCG reaches zero - what happens next? Will most likely ovulate or get my AF? We want to wait to ttc until I get at least one AF.

Any thoughts? :wacko:

Thanks girls...

rachellie19 - when I M/C in March my doctor tested my HCG until it returned to about zero (I was an 8 at my last appt) my doctor told me that I should O then expect AF. I think there is a huge range on time it takes to return to normal as I have found out from reading this formum. My M/C in Dec that resulted in a D&C, AP arrived about a regular cycle (28 days) later.

Thank you all so much for replying. I am going for another blood test tomorrow and hopefully HCG will be down below 5. I hope after that things will fall back into place and I'll get my af in the next couple of weeks...we want to try again next month. This time - my doctor has me on baby aspirin and progesterone supplements as my progesterone levels were on the low side with my first pregnancy (mmc at 9 weeks). :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->