No Af but No BFP either :(

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by Jo_2k, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Jo_2k

Jo_2k Pregnant - 1st Trimester

Well, my cycle is usually between 24 and 35 days, I am now on day 36 and have tested today and a couple of days ago with a superdrug early detection test (can detect 4 days before AF) but both were :bfn:. I have no symptoms that the :witch: is coming but don't feel pregnant now I have done these tests and they were negatives so I kind of feel in limbo. I woud have been very lucky if I got caught this month as it is only our 2nd cycle of TTC. So far I have done it without the aid of temping and ov tests but am going to buy some otk on ebay and have already bought a thermometer. Do the otk come with instructions or could you ladies please help me out. I feel quite down at the moment and would like to focus my mind on these things so at least I feel slightly in control. Also, I have read about you also charting for cm but again have no idea what I am looking for and whether a raise in temp is good/bad and should I do the temp reading at exactly the same time every day?

So sorry for all the q's. I am obsessing a bit today as feeling quite down. Would love to hear from you all.

Thanks

Jo

2. anns

anns Well-Known Member

wait for 3-4 days and test again...there is still chance...

3. becstar

becstar Sleep is for the weak

Big hug, firstly. And there is still some hope, so don't feel too blue.

If this hasn't been your month, then sign up to fertility friend. There's a free charting course on there that's helpful.

You do need to temp at the same time every day when you temp, after at least 3 solid hours of sleep. I do it at 5.30, which I'm used to now, although it took me a while! It's quite nice at weekends to do it and then snuggle back to sleep for a few more hours! I record my temps on FF and it plots everything out for you. Basically, your temps start low early in the cycle and rise when you OV, and then drop again when AF arrives. There are charts on FF you can look at to compare - mine is on my sig if you fancy a nose - I'm due AF today.

OPKs do come with instructions and are pretty clear. I was very confused before I bought some myself but actuall they're pretty straightforward and easy to use. It told me to start testing from CD 8 as my cycle was 24ish days the previous month, but I didn't OV until CD 18! I was panicked, but that month my cycle was just longer than it had been before. Nothing to worry about at all.

I try to track my cm but I don't really get much, and my EWCM come a couple of days before I OV and then dries up immediately, so it doesn't help me too much. Again, you can input this info onto FF and it plots the info.

There's always someone around to help here.

Good luck!

4. Jo_2k

Jo_2k Pregnant - 1st Trimester

Thank you Becstar, that is really helpful. I have ordered some opk off ebay and some ultra early pt's too as I am going to start to do this properly now and will be siging up to fertility friend shortly as have managed to get a vip invite from a nice lady on here called Honey. I still haven't had my :witch: but this afternoon I have started getting lumpy painful boobs so I think she may appear shortly. Doesn't help that I have a sore throat either so think I might have a cold on the way :( But still, st least I can focus on charting my cycle and getting to know my own body.

Thanks again ladies :hugs: