No appetite !!!

BeesBella

Mama of 1 and expecting number 2 in July 2019
Reaction score
For the past couple of weeks I haven't really been worried about loosing weight, I've just been enjoying my summer, not worrying about working out or eating healthy or anything. And yet I have lost about 7lbs.
I have now realized why ! I've barely been eating ! I thought it was because I have been sleeping in until like 2pm most days (and most days don't eat until like 6pm) because I am making the most of not having any university. But I realised I needed to sort out my sleeping pattern so I got up at 8:30am today, fed the dog, cleaned out the rabbits, redesigned by blog (all while OH was still in bed) and just now, almost 2pm is the first time I have even considered food (have been drinking water since I woke up but I always drink a lot of water) and that was only because I was making OH a bacon butty. So I thought oh sh*t my metabolism is going to be really bad because I've been about 18 hours without food. But even then all I could stomach was a tin of sweetcorn (about 115kcal)
So my question is, does it really matter if I don't eat breakfast because even when I do remember I just can't stomach it. I know it's not as good but does water help kickstart my metabolism in the mornings ? Should I maybe have juice instead (although I can't stand apple or orange juice so could have to be cordial) ?
I just have no appetitie for instance yesterday all I ate was one slice of toast, a fruit winder, a chocolate miniroll and a small portion of plain noodles from the chinese (oh and a fortune cookie). Am making a nice vegetable soup tonight so hopefully that will help my metabolism !

it's really important not to skip meals as you'll slow your metabolism. Breakfast is particularly important as you've not eaten since the night before so you need the thermic effect of food to 'kick start' your metabolic rate. I too am not a big breakfast eater so I usually just have a Greek yogurt (v high in protein/low in sugar) with some nuts & berries added in - nothing heavy but it gets me going.

I had a headache so woke up this morning at 6:30am so got some paracetamol and knew it wouldn't settle well if I didn't have any food so I had a small tin of sweetcorn and even that took me over an hour to eat !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->