No bfp until days after missed af anyone?

daniellex27

Reaction score
just curious.. if my af doesnt show today it will offically be late.. and i've only gotten BFNs so far.. i swore today on my clearblue plus i saw a tinyyyy bit of SOMETHING.. but not sure.. blue dyes are hard to read..

can anyone shed some light with your experiences?

very comon hun not to get a clear BFP untill after af due. i got a very very very faint BFP on the day my af was due but i know people who dont get nothing till after they r late. good luck:kiss:

Are you charting? do you know for sure when you ovulated?. That's why many sites recommend to wait for 18 Days past ovulation (between 4-3 days after your AF is due) to test. Also there are some tests more sensible than others...I find the cheapie ones with pink dye tend to be more sensitive (at least here where I live)

I got a :bfp: with Frer (faint but it was there) the day of my missed period, however, I didn't get a :bfp: with Clear Blue regular (the one with the cross) or the Clear Blue Digi until 3 days late (I am certain of my O date). Late implantation or late ovulation can screw with your dates, plus some tests are a lot more sensitive than others. If you're still not getting a :bfp: or :witch: after a week or so go and get a blood test, my MIL never had a positive test with my husband (but did with his younger sister) and he's definitely here... it's rare, but it does happen.

I would recommend doing a pink dye test as it seems a lot of people who are using blue dye tests seem to have problems with them when testing early because they're not as sensitive.

I personally used Wondfo test strips. 2 days before AF I had a BFN so I assumed AF was on her way. After 3 days of nothing I tested and there was a very strong positive on the test strip, no squinting required (see avatar) within 2 minutes.

I didn't get a BFP until I was over a week late. I have crazy cycles though....

That's how mine worked, got a BFN two days before AF due, then 1 day late got a BFP :)

According to FF, 40% don't get a BFP until after AF is due:
https://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/When_can_I_expect_a_positive_HPT_if_I_am_pregnant.html

I was 11 days late until i got my bfp. and I used a pink dye frer 4 times before i got a bfp!xxx

With my first baby I got a bfn 2 days AFTER af was due and got a very very faint bfp on ic 5 days after so dipped a clear blue digital in same urine and got my clear pregnant 1-2 weeks. With this pregnancy the exact same happened and I was between 5 and 8 days late before I got a positive. I used a hospital test and was convinced it had a faint line so shot out and got cb digital and it was pregnant 1-2 again! Been testing every day since and it's only now am getting really clear bfp's. Should b 7 weeks on Friday but I know I will b put back a week at my scan like last time xx

Thanks ladies! That has really cheered me up hearing all of your stories :)

I am CONVINCED that i am pregnant.. just cant get it to show up yet..
Hopefully soon + !

I'm going on cycle day 36... my cycles havent been this long in a whileee..

Hey hun, I wanted to post yesterday as well, but I got distracted while writing my answer. I tested on the day I was expecting my period and I got a faint positive
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-tests/1127363-cd-28-10-dpo-faint-positive.html

Then I kept testing everyday, for a few days I was only getting faint lines maybe because it was so hot and I was drinking a lot of water, I don't think I ever got any concentrated urine to tests properly.

Now (24DPO) I get super loud positives as I keep testing almost daily, and I get them no matter the hour or the concentration of the urine.
The more you wait the louder the positives. Don't worry and keep testing!

I too tested today morning (already 4-5 days past AF) and my cycles are not very erratic but only got a very faint second line. Is it possible to get a faint second line when testing after AF due date?? I am really confused!

^ In a word? Yes it is possible. You probably got your bfp, keep testing the next days and see if it gets darker :) Best of luck!

Hi Hun, this is my first pregnancy. I was tracking everything and knew 100% when I ovulated and I decided to test when I was 3 days late for my period and the second line came up straight away. Don't be dishesrtened just yet love,it could bea bit too early for the test to pick up the hormone. Everyone is different so just give it another day or two and test again :) xx

Thank you for the comforting n motivating words ladies :) I test again in 2-3 days! Good luck to you all

(Thankfully) i'm out of tests so i'm not pressured to test any earlier.. lol.
I plan on buying FRERs friday after work if af hasn't shown by then.. (about 4-5 days late) then test saterday morning. :)

Praying this is it!
Doesn't feel like af is coming at all.

Like i said, i am convinced!

..just hope i don't jinx myself.

Question!
Thursday and friday of last week i saw bits of "ewcm".. Though i know that wasn't my ovulation so close to my AF due date.. Could that possibly have been implantation..? I know, normally when you think of implantation it's blood, but still thought i'd ask.. because if that was implantation, the days i tested WOULD be too early... hm..

..thoughts?

No idea sweety..did you test again already?? I am waiting till tomorrow morning..hopefully this time i'll get the second line dark n clear. Fingers crossed

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->