No blood vessels on heart scan 22 weeks

cattymouse

mother of 1
Reaction score
Hi I had a abnormal scan today they found everything on the heart but the blood vessels they have me in for another scan tomorrow
What does it mean having no blood vessels on the heart ? I thought a heart couldn’t bear with out them so surely she has them ?

I as hoping to find some info for you. But I was not able to find much. So I just wanted to offer you a hug and some support. I'm praying that everything goes well for you on the second scan. :hugs::flower:

I don’t have any experience with this, but I did some searching for you and it looks like babies are often just in a funny position, and they can’t see the heart/vessels clearly. Also some techs have older machines with lower resolution, and if baby isn’t cooperating it just is too difficult for them to finish their scan.

So hopefully at your next scan they’ll be able to see everything they need to!

It may just be that they couldn’t get the view. If they don’t again you may be referred to a fetal cardiologist who will scan your babies heart in more detail and is an expert. Hope it was just baby in the wrong position and nothing to worry about

It could be the position of baby, definitely. With my second I had to go back at 22 weeks as they couldn't see all her heart chambers. I hope your scan goes well. :hugs:

I had a similar experience happen with my second born. They found all but one vessel so they had me come in for a repeat scan because he wasn't in an ideal position to see them all the first time. I'm sure if your baby has a heartbeat it has heart vessels. Sometimes babies can be born with certain heart conditions but most of the time it is just a pre-caution.

No personal experience with this but I hope everything is OK today. Please let us know how things went :hugs:

I would imagine the tech couldn’t get the right angle. This is my third pregnancy and this time around at my 20 week scan the tech took about 5 minutes and kept going over the heart to get the angle to see all the blood vessels. First time that has happened to me. She found them all in the end but the baby wasn’t at a good angle for them to be seen, so they can actually be there but not be easily found. I would imagine that at your next scan the baby will have moved and the vessels will be more visible - hopefully nothing to worry about at any rate!!

How did your scan go?

My baby has to get an echo cardiogram on Monday because my son had a congenital heart defect (which is fixed and he is fine).

Hi my scan went fine they found them how they should be what a relief it is because she was facing backwards
She eventually moved after 2 tries and over half an hour being scanned lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->