NO DEBATE. Poll opinions only: Extended breastfeeding

I'd just like to reassure those who are worried about getting independence back etc. that nursing an older toddler/child is nothing like feeding a baby. In my case, DD has been down to once a day for a long time (my decision) but regularly goes to stay on her own with family without any mention of milk. It's a case of if I'm around she enjoys it, but she's fine without. It just fits into our lives.

Anyone else shocked that 2 people thought there were no benefits....really?! Heads in the sand I think!

I was not shocked but interested to see if they answered.

I was tempted to click "no benefits".... as there are no benefits to breastfeeding as its the normal natural way to feed a baby/child and its normal and natural to feed them into childhood. There are only risks to not breastfeeding. ..... but then I decided voting this way might be a little pedantic.

I personally stopped BFing my daughter just before her 3rd birthday. I was getting a lot of nursing agitation from her nursing and she wanted to nurse every time the baby did. I felt ready to stop nursing her and also felt the only reason she was nursing with the pattern she did was because I broke away from nature and went back to work, reducing the time we were together and causing me to get pregnant earlier than I would have done if I'd have let her nursing guide my fertility. I think her nursing pattern would have been different if I'd got pregnant when she was a little older.

I don't know when I'll stop nursing DS or future babies. Each child is different, each nursing relationship is different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->