No Dummy

Lil_Baby_Boo

Reaction score
This Morning I took Noah's dummy put of his mouth (which he'd had over night) and it was torn and the bottom, it was only a little bit from the teat coming apart. If it had of come apart in the night then god know's what could have happened. I'm not sure if he's bitten the dummy or its a fault (the dummy is new, only used for a max of 3 days)

I decided it was safer for Noah not to have any dummys anymore.

I put him to bed for a nap earlier and he cried for a bit then went off, he only slept for 10 mins! I've just put him back down as he was grouchy and tired. So he has no dummy and he's going mad...........

What should I do? Is there a right and wrong way of taking their dummy away?

xx

Oh my god, that sounds scarey....

I'm interested to know too. I want to wean Oscar off his....I hate dummies.

I only started giving one under pressure :grr:

Oh god , for startes i deffenitly would right a complaint to the company of where the dummies come from.
Im not sure how you could take away his dummy , my daughter is 3 next week and she still needs it when she sleeps! I need help also :p

:shock: That's very scary! Unfortunately no advise here either, Hannah's become a nightmare about having her pacifier during the day (luckily she doesn't use it at night)

My best friend cut the tip of her son's dummy, so that he could not get any suction from it, and he quickly lost interest.

hummm, might be worth a try....

what make was the damaged dunny hun? One we should avoid?

I'm trying soooooooo hard not to give Caitlyn a dummy. It's not that I want to, it's that when she is crying everyone else tells me to!! :hissy:

My mum got rid of my sisters dummy by telling her she had to send it to santa to get her presents when she was 4! I guess your LOs aren't old enough for that yet.

My mum did the same with us Toria

Bethanie still has hers for her nap and bedtime.

My mum got rid of my sisters dummy by telling her she had to send it to santa to get her presents when she was 4! I guess your LOs aren't old enough for that yet.

Thats what my mum and dad done with me!! I swapped my dummy for a new bike.......not a bad swap really!!

I gave up at 4.30 this morning when he woke up crying. He went to bed and everything ok without it tho, I'm such a wimp giving in!!

No dummy today.....lets get it right this time & not give in!

xx

I took Coltons away when he was four months old. I figured it would be alot easier when he was younger. So, after he got to the point where he could remove it from his mouth and put it back in as he pleased.. I knew it was time!
I know a girl who has a two year old, and they just recently took his away; however, he was able to take it and throw it on the floor/at people when he wanted. And I knew then that I didn't want Colton having one at an older age. Plus, that little boy was the oldest kid I had seen with one.
The cutting off the end might be worth a try. But it will probably be hard, because he's at that inbetween age: he knows what his binkie is and that he wants it.. but doesn't understand the like Santa suggestions and other easier ways to get rid of it. :D

To stop me having a dummy my mum 'ate' mine (she put it down her top!!) Can't believe I fell for that one :rofl:

yes comeon........what make was it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->