No embryo/fetus

mummyconfused

Loss 9+2 TTC - DNA Sperm Fragmentation
Reaction score
Had an early scan as I had some bleeding. Measured 5+1

Only yolk sac. No baby :(

Any hope?

Your ticker says 4 weeks and 6 days. You're measuring ahead. About 5 and a half to 6 weeks you'll see more.

no way you can see a baby at 5+1. it is still way way way too small. and as pp said, it means you're ahead of your ticker. you'll see more after 6 weeks, but also at 6 weeks it can happen that you don't see anything!!

Don't worry one bit! Baby far too small to see on ultrasound at that stage, just a few more days and it becomes visible with a hb (around 6w+) still only a few mm tho, so so tiny! Sounds like what you saw was exactly right, congrats!

Ps my two boys measured 5mm at 6+2 and 3.6mm at 6+1 on their first scans to give you an idea of how tiny they would have been a week earlier!

I had scan at 6 weeks and was only gest and yolk sac no fetus
Then at 8 weeks was a baby with hb

I had a scan at 6 wk +1 and there was only a yolk, no fetal pole. The very next day there was a fetal pole with flickering :) So yes that's normal so try not to worry.

Not had any experience with early scans but having read many posts, I would say there being a yoke is a good sign, and as pp said, the baby is tiny tiny. Just rest up, stay calm and I'm sure you'll see your baby soon xx

I had scan at around 6 weeks with Ds. Had yolk sac, fetal pole and HB. So at 5 wks I'd say a yolk sac is normal.

Remember they are trying to look for something smaller than a grain of rice through tissue, muscle, and organs. It's *hard* to find something that small. I bet everything is fine. :)

I had a scan at 5 + 2, there was a yolk sack but no definite fetal pole, I was told they wouldn't expect to see one that early.

All turned out ok, he's most definitely there now!

I'm so confused. Was your doctor saying he or she expected to see anything more?! That sounds right on track.

I had a scan around 6w2d with nothing but a gestational sac. No yolk sac. We returned 5 days later and found the yolk sac, fetal pole, and beautiful heartbeat.

Give it time!

definetly normal hun! i had a scan at 5+3 for expected eptopic pregnancy with DS2 and they could only see the scan.. literally a tiny thing that confirmed pregnancy was in the correct place - you dont normally see much until 6/7 weeks

Super normal! I calculated that I was 5w4d and went to the ER due to some pretty bad cramping. Did an internal ultrasound and saw a gestational sac and yolk sac but no sign of a fetal pole. The radiologist was not concerned at all, told me that I'm closer to just 5w and to hang tough. It's the size of a grain of rice and might be pressing against the other side of the sac and not visible - if it's even there yet. I had an ultrasound 3 weeks later and saw my little bean with a strong heartbeat.

Things happen so quickly - development seems to be so fast and yet never fast enough. This first trimester stuff is for the birds! Please don't fret yet! :)

It's amazing how much can change and develop in a few days, hopefully you will see your little baby at your next scan

Way too early to see anything more !! I had spotting this time too, it's normal early on :) as long as its not bright red , clots, or heavy.... My last pregnancy out 5 wks scan was only a sac also, by 6 wk we had a fetal pole and a heart beat!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->