No Fetal Heartbeat.. Help :(

Arielle

TTC GRad! IM PREGGO!
Reaction score
I am very worried and sad...

I went to the ER after having bleeding and cramps.
They ruled out Eptopic after seeing my sac in my uterus.
They found a blood clot but it is totally unrelated to my pregnancy.

I was 5 weeks 1 day and my hcg was 10,000
they did not see a heartbeat or fetal pole.

I went back in at 5 weeks 4 days and still no heartbeat or fetal pole.
But my hcg went up to 17,000.

Personally,
I think its too soon for a heartbeat.. I'm just under 6 weeks!
But my doctor says at 10,000-17,000 there should be a fetal pole and signs of a heartbeat...

Any advice or similiar experiences?

hey,

i had the same experience, there was never a featal pole on any of my scans though my HCG levels were still rising.

i ended up having a molar pregnancy... that was the reason for my levels still rising but no baby hope you get some answers xx

Could it not be too early to detect this yet? I would look into getting another opinion. Could you get a private scan in a week or so? Hope all goes well. Sorry not able to help.

Hi there, not wanting to be negative because I think it may be too early for you but I had rising HCG levels and they never saw a fetal pole. They monitored my HCG from 6 weeks and scanned me at 6 and 7 weeks. Which is why it could be early for you! But unfortunately on both occassions we only saw a sac and a yolk but no more. The levels of HCG keep rising because your ovaries produce the hormones. They are still rising for me now even though the consultant has stated that my pregnancy is not viable and will come to a natural end. I think for you its a waiting game until your next scan! Sorry I can't share good news, but please remember that in some cases it does turn around and people see the fetal pole and heartbeat at the next scan - so its not over yet! For every negative experience there is a positive one! Good Luck!!!! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->