No fetal pole!!!! Whats going on ?????

Mizztina14

me & my 4 is all I know
Reaction score
Soooo i just found out im pregnant like a week ago.. Today at work i started bleeding but only when i wipe so i went to the er and been worried ever since.. I found out that my hcg level is not where it should be, they cant find my fetal pole, i have fluid in my uterus a fibroid and to top it off they cant get a fetal heart beat :cry: this is the first time this has every happened n all my pregnancies... I was feeling kinda iffy about being pregnant with number 5 but i wasnt looking for this :cry: the dr said not to worry to much but how can u not... Im more scared cuz the paperwork says this can lead to a miscarriage or is a possible etopic pregnancy.. And im not looking forward to either.. Anybody been anywhere close to this that can kinda relive my worriation..

If it helps I had a pregnancy where I went in at 5w5d and there was no fetal pole. I was crying so hard because I had always seen something at that point, but my gyn kept reassuring me that week 5 things progress so differently from pregnancy to pregnancy. So she booked me in for the next week (I had gone in Thursday and she booked me back Monday) and there was my fetal pole! And I know it looks bad with my losses but all of my losses are explained and nothing you need to worry about.

Did you have a confirmed O day?m fxed it's just too early

If it helps I had a pregnancy where I went in at 5w5d and there was no fetal pole. I was crying so hard because I had always seen something at that point, but my gyn kept reassuring me that week 5 things progress so differently from pregnancy to pregnancy. So she booked me in for the next week (I had gone in Thursday and she booked me back Monday) and there was my fetal pole! And I know it looks bad with my losses but all of my losses are explained and nothing you need to worry about.

Did you have a confirmed O day?m fxed it's just too early

Yea everywhere i read online says its too early... They cant tell how far i am cuz theres no fetal pole...

I would only worry if you confirmed O and were at least 6w+. Did they rebook you or just brush it off? It's insane how quickly doctors jump to mc on this site for perfectly healthy beans

If you can't be sure that your 6 weeks plus it's nothing to worry about honestly. I've had a lot of early scans and below 6 weeks nothing has ever been seen except for the gestational sac. I've even had two scans at 6 weeks where nothing but a sac was seen. This pregnancy and last it took till 7 weeks to see yoke, pole and heartbeat. And I confirmed o with temps. My daughter was born healthy though and I'm 24 weeks into this pregnancy so doesn't mean the pregnancy isn't viable.

I went in at 5ish weeks cos of bleeding, quite heavy too, and all they could see was a sac and yolk sac, no fetal pole or heartbeat so I went back 2 weeks later and there baby was happily beating away :)

I'm in the same situation. I had a scan last week at 6+4 from lmp and only saw a small gestational sac but I think I ovulated late so only 5+ weeks. I have another scan on the 4th August. Fingers crossed for you. I'm sure all is fine xx

As others have said, if you're not sure how far along you are, then it could be totally normal. With my first, we conceived on the pill, so I had a dating scan and all they saw was a sac. I went back three days later and they saw the sack had grown and there was a yolk sac as well. Working backwards from due date, I was only 5+1 in the first scan, so no wonder they only saw a sac. That could be what's happened with you. I know it's hard, but try not to worry too much until you have another scan. Are they having you back to check again?

hi
i went in at 6+2 weeks and they told me everything was fine but no yolk sac. Googled and got scary results and i was worried to death and my doc told me to have the next ultrasound in 12 weeks but he was not concerned at all with the no yolk sac thing. At 9 weeks i did a private scan and everything was fine and there. So if its so early you can get crazy results just hang in there and stop reading alot everyone has their own experience and path. All the best

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->