No idea where to post this. Anyone ever had an umbelical hernia?(YOU not baby)

yourstruly10

Reaction score
So during my ultrasound(gender for our second baby) today the tech said it looked like I may have a hernia near my belly button and that I will have to come back for another ultrasound to see if it is one and if it is I may need surgery.

Anyone else ever have a hernia? what did they do for it?

I had one, but as a baby. There's a picture of me taking a bath at about 6-8 months old with it sticking out about an inch. Nothing was ever done medically for it and it went back in on its own. I'm not sure how long this took to happen though.

My OH had a hernia last year. He had an op to fix it. They open the skin around the hernia, push it back in, and put a mesh in to stop it popping back out.
It was under GA, and it's only day surgery so you can leave hospital the same day. He was signed off work for 2 weeks, but was back after 1 because there isn't any heavy liftying involved in his work. \he took codeine for a couple of days but the pain was manageable.
One thing I will stress as the hardest thing about a hernia operation is you CANNOT pick your LO up for a time afterwards - you can easily undo the surgeons work. If they say you need surgery make sure you get people together to help you look after them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->