No maid of honour?

hayz_baby

Mummy to 3 boys!
Reaction score
Head bridesmaid or whatever u call her. I just don't have anyone close enough I want to ask. It's kinda depressing and tbh the main depressing part for me and marriage that I have no one.
We know our wedding will b small and that's ok but nt having someone close like that there is a little bit of a downer.
Has anyone not had a maid of honour?

I'm having two friends and my sister as bridesmaids, and wasn't going to have a "head" bridesmaid although one of my bossy friends has elected herself!

I'm not, didn't see the point when I'm only having two bridesmaids and two flower girls

I won't even have any bridesmaids tbh either...

Im not, just 2 bridesmaids that are equally important to me.
I dont see why you should have them, weddings are personal things anyway. I dont think i want anyone walking me down the aisle, ive got no dad to do it, maybe my mum but I like the independence of going on my own. X

I'm not having bridesmaids or a maid of honour either, my daughter will be flower girl and thats it. I know what you mean about it being somewhat depressing to realise that there is no-one you consider a close enough friend to do it but as my OH pointed out the wedding is about me, him and our kids becoming a proper family and it has nothing to do with anyone else. Once I looked at it from that perspective, I felt better about the situation because I think he has a point, the whole event isn't a display of how many friends you have or even a declaration to the friends of how close you are, its about showing your commitment to your OH, so all that other stuff just seems pointless. And tbh after reading about some of the trouble people have with bridesmaids being divas and of course theres the extra expense it all sounds like more trouble than its worth ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->