No more antenatal care rant :(

Breeelizabeth

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I've been considering posting this for a few days but Its not until today that it's really upset me. I'm 38 weeks today and because of the holidays I'm not getting anymore prenatal visits or care. My OB has taken holidays and won't be back until after my due date (why didn't he tell me this months ago!?) and the midwives told me they also didn't have anymore appointments until after I was due, so told me not to bother coming back.
Recently, my iron levels dropped really low and I have been receiving iron injections, I've had 2 so far but still require at least another 3 - but because my OB is on holidays I have no one to give me the injections. I've also had issues with protein in my urine and my heart as well as a few instances of reduced fetal movement.
I'm upset because it seems like there are women who are only 12 weeks in healthy pregnancies who are receiving more prenatal care than me when I'm about to give birth. I have so many questions and no one to answer them. Baby will not be getting checked out at all, either will I and I don't even know who will be delivering her.
Many women have told me they were having weekly OB and Midwives appointments by this stage of their pregnancies and I'm getting nothing....

Sorry about the rant. I'm just over it :(

They OWE you a referral- at the very least. That's RIDICULOUS. So sorry you've been put in that position.

I can't believe that they are doing that. That's awful.
You would think an OB would be a little more professional and at least have given you warning and a referral. My OB will be out for the holidays, but only 3 working days(starting on Christmas Eve) and I've known for several weeks. He's made sure to schedule everything around that.
Do your midwives just not have the appointment times? Or are they just saying that they don't feel they need to see you? Talk with them and be insistent about needing an appointment. With your health, you would think they would insist on that themselves!
I hope everything works out for you hun. :hugs: I just don't understand how people that work with pregnant mamas all day, every day, can be so inconsiderate, and so much so that it could put someone's(2 someones!) health possibly at risk.

I'm the same over Xmas, my last apt was 12th Dec n next not until 5th Jan, I will be 37 and half weeks then, I'm under consultant care so see both consultant and midwife yet none of them are seeing me over Xmas. I noticed some swelling the other day so I'm going to the drs tomorrow to get my BP checked, this should all be routine in later stages of pregnancy, it even says in my notes to be see at 36, 37, 38 and 39 weeks but from 34 weeks I wont have been seen

That does seem pretty poor care and I don't blame you for being upset. Have you spoken to anybody about your injections specifically and how you can get those still?

Having said that try not to worry, with ds2 I turned 38 weeks on Christmas Day so ended up with a rushed appointment Christmas Eve and then wasn't due another appointment until 40 weeks which was when I ended up having baby so didn't get any care in from 38 weeks onwards. Also I know it works differently in England but I never knew who was going to deliver baby, you turn up at the hospital and get taken to a room. I know it is different if you've had plans you've been working on but don't let it stress you or spoil the end of your pregnancy.

our drs and midwife work over xmas my next appt is a week today with midwife i will be 38 weeks
thats awful can you get referred elsewhere ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->